The Reef Tank banner
5241 - 5260 of 5316 Posts

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,241 ·
I sent that video to my Captain who was there with me. He is a retired Brigadier General now and a few years older than me. He said I was there on Snuffy twice but must have left for 3 days to go to another firebase. That guy remembers everything and I barely remember getting drafted. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
20,485 Posts
Paul there are more and more of 'those' episodes every passing day in my life.
heading to the drs. this morning to discuss my recent 'nuclear' stress test, and YES I am taking my Wife with me.....She 'hears things I don't'. I hear 'Yada yada yada.....', and Jen hears, 'Your husband needs to do this and that....ESPECIALLY THAT!'. Granted I hear 'voices' also....and at time I accuse Her of 'hearing things'. :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Administrator
20,485 Posts
......What do you mean you heard the dr. say NO coffee.....NO more boatyard....No more stress.....NO more running/huffing things/ banging into stuff/womping on things with my head'? He never said those things! 'Uhhhhh...:unsure:....yea he did!'.
Hack

Yes, that belonged up there, but I had an itchy trigger finger when I think about drs.

·
Administrator
20,485 Posts
......and I was thinking the 5 n Dime store, and it was 'shipped by her' to you since it is over a crate. ;)
I remember receiving such 'care packages' from family and Friends....including one that sprung a leak in the fleet post office. Vodka DOES have an odor.
Hack
:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,718 Posts
Hack you got a care package. Cool. All I got was a Dear John letter. I’m lying about the letter. She stop writing to me. There was no letter. She married by time I got discharged.
Never been a vodka person.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,248 · (Edited)
You had a way to call home? I had to yell, very loud as the jungle has very few phones. Like none. :unsure:
Even with hazardous duty, pay, combat pay, flight pay and overseas pay I think I made like a 82 bucks a month all of which deteriorated in my pocket as it rained all the time and the "money" was made out of loose leaf paper like Monopoly money. :oops:

This is a typical LZ like I lived on for the year. I was on 14 of these and never saw any rear areas except Saigon for a day to get a tooth pulled. :sick:

·
Super Moderator
33,718 Posts
My lowest pay was 95 a month. But as a pfc with hazardous duty pay was 355.
Another funny story is my parents moved and didn’t inform me. So I get back to Albuquerque and go home to find out they moved. The people say they no longer live here. I wanted to surprise them. The surprise was in me.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,250 ·
LOL, I was never a PFC. I skipped that and came out of Basic a Corporal. I had E2, PFC, Spec 4 and Corporal on the same orders. In 16 weeks I was a Sargent E5.

I think they impressed that I could tie my shoelaces. :oops:

For some reason they wanted me to be a COMMO Chief and you had to be a Corporal to get into that school. :)

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,253 ·
Good Morning. Today is my wedding anniversary. 49 years married to my childhood sweetheart who I met when she was 12. No, I didn't date her then because I am not a Perv contrary to popular opinion. I was going out with her older cousin because I am 6 years older than my wife.

She wrote me all through my time in Nam and I married her when she was 18.

This is not our wedding picture.

Neither is this.

This is not her.

This is. I took this in a mirror when she was 18. How could I not marry this?

·
Super Moderator
33,718 Posts
Happy anniversary,

I always tell people my wife was five when I went the army. Just makes it sound worse, my mother in law is only 6 years older then me. And I can assure you I wasn’t my mother in law’s favorite person. She did everything to break us up.

·
Administrator
61,114 Posts
First of all Paul Congrats on 49, she picked well. I hear ya on MIL. My BIL who I was tight with kicked my arse when I started seeing his sister, I got along with FiL, her mom never accepted me, After all these years we divorced this June after 51 yrs. Its not that i didnt try I was involved with a younger woman for a while till she moved to be near her sons :(

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,259 ·
Last night I spoke at LIRA (Long Island Reefers Assn.) The treasurer asked me to meet him at the Applebees in Commack. I got there at 6:30 and waited for 40 minutes. It started to rain. I didn't have his phone number or know what he looked like.

Eventually he called me to ask where I was. I said Applebees in Commack..........He said I am at the wrong Commack, he is at the Applebees in Brentwood. OK, Like Duh. So it was only 9 minutes away and I went there just in time to eat and get to the place where I spoke for an hour or a little more. I had fun. 😁

Quote Reply

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,260 ·
I have very little patience. The VA tells me that is because of PTSD. I don't know. But I really don't like to wait in lines. If there are 2 cars in front of me at a gas station, I go to another one no matter how much the gas is. If I walk through a supermarket and there is long lines, I put everything back and go in the middle of the night.

Men and woman shop do differently.

I once had to go to the Mall. I never go to a mall and we have one of the biggest in the world here. It's like a country. I get that "Mall Look" .
My wife wanted me to return something and again, I never return things, I throw them away because I don't like to wait on lines.

I went into this "boutique", a place I wouldn't be caught dead in but there was only 3 Ladies on line so I figured I would wait because my wife was sick and she was counting on me. A 5 minute wait at most right!.. Wrong. :sick:

I get on line and the first Woman wanted to return this green thing she bought because the color didn't match her eyes perfectly. Easy, just give the thing back, get your refund and go home to grill some eggs or wash the car. Noooooo! The salesgirl and her had to peruse all over the store looking for the right green to match her eyes. :rolleyes:

OK she leaves with a purple dress. The next Lady lost her receipt. Of course she did so the salesgirl (or saleswoman, clerk, person at the register whatever is PC) has to look it up on maybe Face Book, Twitter or Google Earth which takes 10 minutes and I already ground down my teeth to stubs and am sweating enough seawater to do a water change on my 125 gallon reef. A small change but a change non the less. :confused:

Now I am getting excited because only one more "female" (customer) in front of me. She slowly walks up to the counter while she is sampling the perfumes in the aisle which she could have done in the hour she was waiting on line and talking to her therapist on the phone that was screwed into her ear.
OOOOOhhhhhhNNNooooo. They recognized each other from maybe high school, grammar school or nursery school. :confused: Immediately they start taking out pictures of their kids, dogs, goldfish, prom dresses, shoes etc.

I am searching frantically for the paddles to shock my heart back to a normal heartbeat as they reminisce about the 5 weeks since they saw each other last.

After, I don't know how long and I don't remember how many times I shocked myself, I walked in front of her and said: "Excuse me, here take this dress and enjoy it, I just need to get out of here. Keep the money, maybe buy a new dog". And I walked out and felt refreshed.

I posted many times that there should be a male and female store. In the male or "Man" store there should be a Lady at the front door with a bucket near her feet. She could be good looking but it doesn't matter as I want to be totally PC.

She doesn't have to speak or even smile. The Man walks up to her and asks.."Where are the Cro Bars?". She points to the aisle.

At the front of the aisle there is a big, hand painted arrow with the words on it that read " CRO BARS HERE".

The cro bars are all stacked up in different sizes with the price written plainly on them in even numbers in yellow paint. Prices like 10, 20, or 30. No decimal points or change.

The man takes the cro bar and walks directly towards the Lady at the door and throws that amount into the bucket and leaves. No receipt because a real man won't bring it back. He just needs a cro bar, he needs it now and if it is the wrong one he just won't do that job and will maybe go and work on his car.

The "Person' at the door gets paid because when the man walks out he adds a few dollars into the bucket for her, (or him) whoever it is.

No lines,no waiting and everyone is happy. :D

Of course females can also go into the Male store but they have to abide by the rules. No looking around, no talking and no recognizing anyone.

5241 - 5260 of 5316 Posts