The Reef Tank banner
5061 - 5073 of 5073 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,191 Posts
Hate to say it Paul, that tub is going to leak. Lol I had to remove and old cast iron tub some years back and had to use a sledgehammer to break apart and remove. Remodeled the bath room and within a year the house flooded and we had to rebuild. I paid a contractor to do the work.
I recommend Flex Seal....

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,513 Posts
VWD, I wouldn't even know how to hire a contractor.

Hack, you have to be fast to use this tub, fill it before the water runs out. :)
After the flood in 2016 my house took on 31/2 feet of water and pretty much the whole interior was destroyed along with all the furniture. Too much for me to take on by myself. Our whole town was underwater. But then again carpentry wasn’t my thing anyway. Small stuff I can do. But mechanic work is a breeze for me.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,067 ·
I added silicate remover and tested the tank water. The reading went way down to almost not readable so hopefully the sponge that is taking over my tank will croak.

I also tested my NSW and the reading is very high so I assume thats where my silicates came from. I have been using this stuff for years but now I have to remove the silicates before I use that water. :)

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,068 ·
Good Morning. I had shoulder surgery in February which went great but recently I have been getting there terrible pains in my arm near the surgery. Of course the surgeon said it's not his surgery so he sent me to a pain management doctor.

She stuck a needle in my arm about 13 times and each time she wiggled it around.
As she was doing this, I also was wriggling around.

I asked what are you injecting?

She said, "Nothing", I am just breaking up "trigger points" with the needle. :rolleyes:

What do i know? Sounds logical.

So now that terrible pain is really horrendous and I have a black and blue there as big as a manta ray.
(a juvenile manta ray)

I went for an MRI last night. :cool:

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,069 ·
Well I think this will be a test of my theory and my tank. My good "friend" is getting out of the hobby and he just came over with a bucket of fish and corals that I kind of had to take. He told me he had a "small" blue angelfish that I had to take with the corals because he didn't know what to do with it.

I opened the bag and found this.

This is a horribly sick tang. I am not sure what it has but it doesn't look good. I, of course threw it into my tank and it immediately started eating.

Sick tang.JPG

He also gave me this angelfish which while beautiful is way to big for my tank. Both fish are way to big for my tank but what am I to do? He is a good friend and likes bigger fish.
Koran Angel.JPG

This will be a test to see if my method can cure that tang but it doesn't look to good.

81oblermwfl-_ac_ul640_ql65_-jpg.1739204

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,513 Posts
That yellow tangs is rough. I imagine it will improve over time but as far as looks it will probably have some permanent damage but otherwise healthy. We took in a large sailfin tang in that shape at the store once. Thing was ugly as can get. He heal up but fins never came all the way back.
But after a few years being in a tank up top. No one looked at I managed to fine a buyer.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,071 ·
VWD this fish is well beyond HLLE and as you said, will never regain all those "missing" parts. He is looking for seaweed but I don't use any of that so he will eat worms and clams or nothing. :p

5061 - 5073 of 5073 Posts