The Reef Tank banner
5041 - 5060 of 5073 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,043 ·
I just got this cool bathtub for my wife. It has a door for her to get in and it is very deep. There is a seat in it and a shower. It also has a UV light I guess so you don't get any ick. It has heat, bubbles and Jacuzzi jets

Now I just have to break out the old tub and install the thing. It's 350 lbs.

Tub.jpg

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,050 ·
My Ruby Red dragonette is pregnant again. You really can't stop healthy fish from spawning. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
If I had the time and space I would raise these things and mandarins. Very easy fish as long as your tank is set up properly. :)

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,191 Posts
I am not familiar with the ruby reds but the mandarins have caught my eye. Make sure we get fry pics if they work out. I am a fair time away from livestock yet but will need that long to figure out what I want. I need to track down a copy of that book too. The fish room is gonna double as a study and reading room.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
27,513 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,055 ·
Good Mothers Day Morning.

Yesterday in my town they arrested a bunch of Jibonies stealing catalytic converters from under cars.
(they steal these things because they are filled with platinum coated pellets)

They jack up a car and using a gas saw (a very loud gas saw) they cut the thing out.

But these geniuses were stealing these from a parking lot of a security company. The side of the car was printed in large letters "SECURITY".

So of course they caught them because the place had alarms and really clear cameras all over the place. :oops:

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
I checked Paul, and didn't see on the 'BOOGY MAN' job application the section for 'intelligence level'...... :unsure: ....Maybe they didn't 'think' of that? :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,513 Posts
They been hitting the schools busses here on a regular basis lately. But now the laws are for metal companies that buy the stuff . They have to get picture I’d and can’t pay for 7 days so law enforcement can check it out. Goes for copper also. I’m sure they have ways around it

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,191 Posts
They been hitting the schools busses here on a regular basis lately. But now the laws are for metal companies that buy the stuff . They have to get picture I’d and can’t pay for 7 days so law enforcement can check it out. Goes for copper also. I’m sure they have ways around it
Yeah. It is bad here too. Copper inparticular. I have had them rip copper out not even cutting it, just bend and twist till it breaks. One knucklehead even did it on a live line & left the water running. That was a mess. With the converters in many cases the converter is worth more than the value of the rest of the car for scrap.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5,059 ·
Yesterday I took out my wife's bathtub so I could do the plumbing and electric for the new walk in, handicapped, jacuzzi tub.

I had to promise our Daughter that I would get a contractor for this because she figures I am to old and should just watch someone else put it in.

I did try. I hired a contractor and twice he stiffed me so I did like I always do and just did it myself. I also didn't break any tiles. :p
I don't know how people live if you have to hire someone for the simpliest things.

So far I have never hired anyone for anything except dentists and I am not crazy how they do things either. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Brown Plumbing fixture Bathtub Bathroom Wood

·
Super Moderator
27,513 Posts
Hate to say it Paul, that tub is going to leak. Lol I had to remove and old cast iron tub some years back and had to use a sledgehammer to break apart and remove. Remodeled the bath room and within a year the house flooded and we had to rebuild. I paid a contractor to do the work.

5041 - 5060 of 5073 Posts