The Reef Tank banner
4841 - 4860 of 4863 Posts

·
Administrator
47,321 Posts
I know over here looking east from beach gives a sunrise over mountains Hrs Later ;)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,843 ·
Today is the start of our friends 5 year reunion. Right after high school we were in a large crowd here in New York. In the 60s and 70s most men, or boys were in the Service and many, like myself in Viet Nam.

That left mostly girls who were all friends. A bunch of them took me out to dinner when I got drafted and eventually they got married and that is our crowd.

Some still live here in New York but most moved away. Some in Florida, Arizona, North Carolina and one in Hawaii.

They are starting to come back here today and we will pick some up from the airport.

It will be great to see them all but I can't believe how much us "Kids" all changed in 55+ years.

We are all still kicking except one, my best friend Tommy who died last year from Covid.

Almost all now have some sort of medical issue but they are all making it back and I am excited.
I even dated three of them before I met my wife who is 6 years younger then me so was a baby then. :)

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,845 ·
Today is my 48th wedding anniversary. My wife is still out for the last 2 days partying with her old friends but I will bring them home today. :)

·
Administrator
16,827 Posts
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIDS! 48....yup, that what the world needs more of......keep the good example going!
Tableware Drinkware Dishware Stemware Flower

Hack

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,850 ·
That picture of that little plane my wife and I were on above was on a trip to the tiny, two mile Island of Mustique. It was a small two engine, 16 seat plane that you could open the windows on. Of course if you opened the window next to the propeller, you would cut your arm off so they frowned on opening that window.

The plane flew so low that we barely made it over the small sailboat masts and I could have fished out of the back of the thing.

There was a small sign under the window next to the engine that read: "If you see flames coming from the engine, inform the pilot."

Oh yeah, I would inform him and everyone else in the thing. But of course, I could have just jumped out. :rolleyes:

It was a deHavaland plane like Amilia Earhart disappeared in. As a matter of fact, I think it was her plane.
The sign on the front near the pilot read: "SAFETY EQUIPMENT, A TENT"
I kid you not.....A tent. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
You never know, you should never fly without your parachute under your seat. I’ve taken off on more planes then I landed on.
now on a commercial flight they made have an issue with you if you try and carry one on, DB Cooper messed that up.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,853 ·
A parachute wouldn't do much good on that plane. You would be in the water and the chute would be open in the cabin. :oops:

I also took off in a lot of helicopters. I took off in two more than I landed in. :(

Well, I always landed, but I am talking about upright with the rotors on top. :confused:

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,856 ·
He needs polishing, a stand and a little orthodontist work, then he will be finished.

Jaw Wood Art Fish Gas

Eye Wood Sculpture Creative arts Art

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,859 ·
I got a big tub of frozen clams, about a pint so my copperband is happy again because I am not happy with any commercial food any more as most of it is either to big or to small.

The clams I just scrape out tissue thin slices so my copperband thinks he died and went to fish heaven with an Angelfish.

Of course the rest of the fish are also happy but the copperband eats most of it before they even know whats going on.

I got a supply of the frozen, shucked clams right near my house. They sell them for bait. A pint is about seven bucks and will last me a year. :p

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,860 ·
Yesterday we took a ferry with some friends to Connecticut to go to some interesting places.
On the way this submarine sailed next to us.

I think they were going out to collect some NSW and they heard on this forum that they shouldn't collect it from the surface because of all the Coppertone. So they were going deep :unsure:

Cloud Water Sky Building Watercraft

4841 - 4860 of 4863 Posts