The Reef Tank banner
4821 - 4840 of 4863 Posts

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,821 ·
Hack, I just went for a walk on our rocky beach and almost no pain. In my head anyway, the foot is killing me. 😕

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,823 ·
This weekend a gallery here will feature my work. About 8 of my Steampunk Mechanical pieces and they are having a "meet the artist" thing.

I am hoping Christie Brinkley and some of her friends come by as she lives near here.

(as does Billy Joel, Seinfeld, and many others. ) :p
So hopefully they like "Art"
View attachment 41300

Sculpture Pest Art Wing Arthropod

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,824 ·
A guy once worked for me, his name was Warren......Oh wait, lets call him Mike to protect his identity.

We were working at a New York City garbage incinerator. The place was filthy, I mean even the 6" deep piles of maggots you worked in were filthy, every one of them.

Anyway, Mike would come to work wearing dirty clothes, then he would change into different dirty clothes to work in and put on the original dirty clothes to go home in.

Mike used to drive me home sometimes and the first time I got in his car was an adventure.

It was an old Bonneville and I sat in the seat that wasn't repaired with duct tape, it was actually "made" of duct tape. Mike told me his dog ate the seats. 🐶

So before he starts the engine, he hands me a bucket.

I said, What is this for? He said it is going to rain and the roof will leak into your lap.

Then he opens the glove compartment and pulls out a light switch, the same type of switch that you turn on your home lights with and switches it on to put the lights on.

We start home and I am getting dizzy. I say, "Mike, I think I am going to die". :sick:

He tells me, Oh I forgot, the exhaust leaks into the car under your seat so he gives me a hasmat mask that we wear on the job because of the sulfur fumes.

We get home and my wife is outside. She sees me holding a bucket full of water wearing a hasmat mask. Now she starts yelling and for some reason made me promise I won't ride home with Mike anymore.

Some women are so picky. :unsure:

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,826 ·
Warren, or "Mike" walked out of the trailer that we used as a shanty and after about fifty feet I saw him take off his shoe and drop something out.

Later I spoke to him and asked if he had a rock in his shoe. He said "No". It was a mouse. I said "A Mouse?". ;Jawdrop

He said "Yeah, I am glad he didn't bite me"! I said don't worry "Mike" no creature is going to open his mouth in your shoe. ;Drool

Also, like who wouldn't feel a mouse in your shoe as soon as you put it on? You can't make this stuff up. :oops:

This garbage incinerator had 4 huge furnaces running and they were like 50' long, steel and of course very hot.

I sent "Mike" to work on top of one of the furnaces that was off and cool.

Later I was looking for him and he was on one of the furnaces that was burning and red hot.

I yelled "Warren", I mean "Mike" get off of that thing before you die. :oops:

He got down and says to me. "You know, my shoes were melting to the steel".

I said "You think!!!"

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,827 ·
My "artwork" will be featured this week at a gallery here on Long Island. I will be one of 8 "artists" there. I would like to sell at least one of my pieces because I need the room to make more "stuff".

I am changing my style now and want to do other types of things. :p

Property Font Screenshot Urban design Travel

·
NorthernIndianaReefer
828 Posts
:ROFLMAO:😭😭 Warren ehhmmm “Mike” sounds like a character, thanks for the good laugh. Glad to see this tank is still up and running Paul!

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,838 ·
It seems I have some minor medical issues. My cervical spine in my neck is bone on bone and the issue is causing my fish feeding arm, my right arm to go numb. :(
I see the surgeon in a week.
They also saw a lesion on my lung.

I had a X Ray of my lungs, or gills and they think the lesion they saw on my MRI was a piece of hardware from one of my many shoulder surgeries.
Probably a toggle bolt. :unsure:

I am pretty happy about that so now it is just spine surgery. I hope they don't want to remove it because then I will be a spineless Jellyfish :oops:

·
Administrator
47,321 Posts
Beautiful sunrise Paul, must be looking south. I get thr same view looking Noth over here

4821 - 4840 of 4863 Posts