The Reef Tank banner
4801 - 4820 of 4830 Posts

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,801 ·
I have seen plugs not allowing an engine to go to full speed but not making popping noises at the same time. It is an enigma

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
263 Posts
I wonder if the popping was coming from the intake or exhaust. Poor resistors may be igniting fuel before the intake valve closes or detonating late after the exhaust opens. No idea to be honest, this is strangeville and I am purely guessing.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,810 ·
Yesterday as I was feeding my fish, of course they get all excited. I am not sure if they are excited because I am feeding them or I am walking around in my shorts. :confused:

But, either way, my long nose butterfly was frantically catching mysis next to my larger copperband who shoved the long nose sideways into my Gyre powerhead that takes up an entire side of the tank and is on full blast.

The poor long nose got stuck to the intake and he is very lucky I was there as I saw him and pulled him off.

He went right back to eating but I lost my last long nose butterfly from that thing so I haven't seen the tank today yet so I hope that fish didn't go back and get stuck again.

If he did, he croaked. I have the thing on the slowest setting but I am not sure that is slow enough.

Today, before I go boating I will devise a grill to keep such fish away so I hope it is not to late.

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
263 Posts
Wow, beautiful Paul. What is the purple fish with the orangish fins in the middle 3/4 of the way up the reef? I love the way it swims

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,817 ·
Lets remember today is 9/11. 20 years ago thousands of Americans were murdered here
Including some of my co workers.

Everyone living in New York knew someone who died there.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,818 ·
Didn’t you have an old bottle in there at some point. Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.
There are about 9 bottles in there someplace. :)

Wow, beautiful Paul. What is the purple fish with the orangish fins in the middle 3/4 of the way up the reef? I love the way it swims
Do you mean one of these?

Looks like a coral beauty angel Rick.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,819 ·
Yesterday I went to a Podiatrist. Contrary to popular opinion they won't care for your sick pods. :oops:

The nurse came in and stuck my feet in a bucket of something that smelled like Prizapro.
I said, I realize my birthday is on Christmas, but you don't have to wash my feet.

So while I was there he took some X Rays of my feet which are old and I wore them out standing up arguing to people about quarantine,
reverse undergravel filters and home made rock.

Nancy Sinatra once said "These boots were made for walking", Just not this long. The guy wants me to take it easy and rest the feet.
He thinks I should, go to therapy and watch reality shows on TV.

That can't happen so I told him to shoot me.

I mean shoot me with cortisone.

He said it probably wouldn't do anything but he said OK anyway.

He said lay back and this may hurt.

I closed my eyes and then after a few seconds of bliss I screamed "JESUS MARY and JOSEPHINE"
What the heck was that?

That shot really hurt.

Then I realized he didn't give it to me yet, he just dropped a home made bowling ball on my foot that he wanted advice on as to if he should put it in his tank or not or if it would change the pH. :oops:

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,599 Posts
.......Did the shot from heck follow?
Hack

4801 - 4820 of 4830 Posts