The Reef Tank banner

4701 - 4720 of 4721 Posts

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,701 ·
I took an amazing walk on the beach this morning.
The sunrise wasn't that spectacular as it was foggy like it often is by the sea.

View attachment 2177842

But as I walked, I went past a place where no modern man has ever walked.

I came upon this Hieroglyphic rock painting.

View attachment 2177847

I could tell it was very old probably going back 10 or 20 Tuesdays.

The "paint" seemed to be made from some natural substance the natives found and they called it
"chake" (chalk) . From researching I discovered it came from an area called Walmakit. (Walmart)

The stone was not facing east like many ancient relics are because these people didn't want to get up as soon as the sun rose and they really didn't care about that, or apparently anything else.

It faced north to a place they called Conn-ot-o-quat later changed to Connecticut

It also wasn't built to look like the star system Sirius because the Egyptians already took that one.

I was so fascinated I wanted to study more about them so as I searched I found their fire pit.

View attachment 2177849

They probably used it to cook Chic-tok (chicken wings) and I am surprised it lasted so long in this condition. Especially the straw they likely used as kindling to light the thing.

The best way to learn about ancient civilizations is to study their garbage and if you look hard enough, you can usually find tiny bits of their last meal.

View attachment 2177850

I discovered the name these people called themselves.....Slobakas or "Slobs". :unsure:

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,753 Posts
Yeah you easily passed the, 'Sit around the bonfire and tell tales with Hack-test'! Well done......here's to all the Slobakas out there.....may you accelerator ("Gas pedal to us older folks, used to go faster when the need arises.") get stuck on a short pier when there's only Peee Wee Herman types to come to yer rescue.......and they're all distracted by the latest 'protest march' going on.
Hack

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,703 ·
I do have a lot of time on my hands and I like to use it to improve Humanity by studying the past, so I can predict the future which is why I again this morning walked on this ancient beach. But unlike other times, this time I walked east, towards the sunrise. A direction I, or any body else has never walked so I didn't know what I would find and the fascination coupled with the fact that I knew there was no bathroom there just increased the Adrenalin rush.
View attachment 27608

At first all I encountered was bare sand so I wasn't ready for what I actually discovered. Yesterday, as I reported I found Noah's dinghy partially covered in ancient layers of sand and it is commonly thought that Noah's ark came aground somewhere in Turkey on Mount Ararat.

That is fundamentally incorrect as I have seen it and now realize it came to rest in back of my Condo association on Long Island. It seems to have been heading towards Bayonne New Jersey.

View attachment 27609

As you can see, you can only notice a small part of the wreckage and I surmise that part that is above the water was the "Poop Deck".

But I would imagine any deck on a boat carrying every animal in the world could be called a "Poop Deck".

After finding the actual Ark I figured some survivors of that iconic boat must have made it to shore. After all it was only about 50 feet out.
A half a mile or so later I did come across quite a bit of new information and artifacts.

I know at least some of the animals either escaped or were released by Noah. The first evidence I found were these, probably extinct footprints that I surmise were from a four toed sloth.
View attachment 27610

Four toed sloths are now extinct and I found out why.

View attachment 27611

Noah ate them.

Other animals that made it to shore were probably these flightless birds. Maybe Dodo's but I am awaiting for DNA analysis.

View attachment 27612

These birds, I am sure were so excited to get away from Noah and his hungry crew that they ran around in circles and invented the Macarana. You can learn much about the habits of animals by footprints.

View attachment 27613

After I made plaster casts of those tracks I continued walking east to see what else I could learn. Astonishingly, although Noah was Jewish, he seemed to have celebrated Christmas thousands of years before Christs birthday as proven by this petrified Christmas tree that must have washed off the deck after a particularly wild Christmas party.
View attachment 27614

Now I was quite far from the Ark and Noah must have been tired from this long walk on the beach gravel after so much time at sea.

View attachment 27622

I could tell his feet were aching as I found a discarded bottle of his gout medication.
View attachment 27615

What I didn't know was that Noah wore Red Wing boots.

View attachment 27617
That wasn't surprising. What was surprising was where did he get them before Amazon was invented?

And remember that dove that Noah let loose to see if he was near land?

It died.
View attachment 27616

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,704 ·
Oh no, what happened to my post

I do have a lot of time on my hands and I like to use it to improve Humanity by studying the past, so I can predict the future which is why I again this morning walked on this ancient beach. But unlike other times, this time I walked east, towards the sunrise. A direction I, or any body else has never walked so I didn't know what I would find and the fascination coupled with the fact that I knew there was no bathroom there just increased the Adrenalin rush.
Beach looking east.jpg

At first all I encountered was bare sand so I wasn't ready for what I actually discovered. Yesterday, as I reported I found Noah's dinghy partially covered in ancient layers of sand and it is commonly thought that Noah's ark came aground somewhere in Turkey on Mount Ararat.

That is fundamentally incorrect as I have seen it and now realize it came to rest in back of my Condo association on Long Island. It seems to have been heading towards Bayonne New Jersey.

Rock in water.jpg

As you can see, you can only notice a small part of the wreckage and I surmise that part that is above the water was the "Poop Deck".

But I would imagine any deck on a boat carrying every animal in the world could be called a "Poop Deck".

After finding the actual Ark I figured some survivors of that iconic boat must have made it to shore. After all it was only about 50 feet out.
A half a mile or so later I did come across quite a bit of new information and artifacts.

I know at least some of the animals either escaped or were released by Noah. The first evidence I found were these, probably extinct footprints that I surmise were from a four toed sloth.
Footprinton sand.jpg

Four toed sloths are now extinct and I found out why.

Bone.jpg

Noah ate them.

Other animals that made it to shore were probably these flightless birds. Maybe Dodo's but I am awaiting for DNA analysis.

Bird foot prints.jpg

These birds, I am sure were so excited to get away from Noah and his hungry crew that they ran around in circles and invented the Macarana. You can learn much about the habits of animals by footprints.

Bird Macarana prints.jpg

When God gave Noah instructions as to how to catch all those animals, Noah was so nervous that in his attempt to get all those animals into cages that he sometimes, without thinking, collected rocks
Cage of rocks.jpg

After I made plaster casts of those tracks I continued walking east to see what else I could learn. Astonishingly, although Noah was Jewish, he seemed to have celebrated Christmas thousands of years before Christs birthday as proven by this petrified Christmas tree that must have washed off the deck after a particularly wild Christmas party.
Treeon beach.jpg

Now I was quite far from the Ark and Noah must have been tired from this long walk on the beach gravel after so much time at sea.

Pebbles.jpg

I could tell his feet were aching as I found a discarded bottle of his gout medication.
Liquir bottle.jpg

What I didn't know was that Noah wore Red Wing boots.

Foot print.jpg

That wasn't surprising. What was surprising was where did he get them before Amazon was invented?

And remember that dove that Noah let loose to see if he was near land?

It died.
Feather.jpg

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,705 ·
I think new Steam Punk thing is coming out pretty cool. It needs a lot more work and being I am a lousy computer programmer getting the sand timer to invert every minute was the hardest part. But it works perfectly.

Of course the thing goes into a glass dome.

·
15,753 Posts
Ohhhhhh MAN, you went and had THAT done already? Bummer! Wait, what.....no autographs yet? Where's all the super models driving you around for this.....ran out of pens/lip stick?
Hack

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,710 ·
This thing is fiberglass and hard to write on. My wife will pain t on it today. Very hard to type

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,711 ·
Now this broken wrist thing is kicking in. I don't have any pain (thats for Sissies) but I can't get the thing wet or of course bend my wrist or pick up things because the Jiboni put the cast on so I can't touch my thumb to my fingers.

He must have thought I jumped off a building or wanted to go bungee jumping.
Either that or fiberglass was on sale

Try to do almost anything like that. Simple things like brushing your teeth is an adventure and I may have to grow a beard :rolleyes:

Every word I type with my screwed up hand I have to go back and fix or it looks like this:

Hellllo, nize day. Hoyw are u.

Anyway, I am looking at my tank and I need to clean my algae scrubber. That means unscrewing it and bringing it to the sinkand brushing off the algae. Then put it back.

The same thing with the top of my skimmer. Simple things that aint gonna happen.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,712 ·
On my morning beach walk I noticed something at the surf.

1623324795765.png

1623324820084.png

I thought it was two octopuses wrestling, but I was wrong and we don't get many octopus here on Long Island and if we do, they get along and don't fight.

On closer inspection I noticed they were Horse shoe crabs. A common sight here.

1623324840392.png

They were up side down just relaxing in the morning sun. They must have forgotten that in an hour it was going to be 90 degrees and they would turn into crab cakes which sea gulls love.

Normally horseshoe crabs can turn over but on this rocky shore they were having trouble so I helped them and put them back in the sea.

Then as I walked I noticed why they came out of the water. I stumbled upon their favorite food which horse shoe crabs would do anything for.

1623324869953.png

Quote Reply

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,713 ·
I always help out my crab friends and have saved countless horseshoe crabs in this way. I know they have been here for millions of years before Nancy Pelosi was born but I think even if they had thumbs they would still do lousy on standard "true and false" tests. I mean, there is an entire ocean out there but they insist on crawling up to the surf where they know a wave will turn them up side down on the sand and I am not always going to walk on that beach just at the right time to rescue them. I realize they need to spawn but get a room.

Last week I also saved a bright yellow box turtle who was calmly walking across the street. These guys are also endangered and I think the reason why is that they think they would make excellent speed bumps. But they fail miserably at that. :confused:

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,736 Posts
LOL! "Get a room". It really did make me laugh out loud.

My little pup met his first turtle two days ago. He's a rescue and afraid of everything. It took a few min but he finally got close enough to smell it, and right when he did it put a little foot out and he jumped about 6 feet in the air. Took about another 10 min for him to get close again. He was super excited about it though!

Whiskey

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,715 ·
Steampunk. There was supposed to be a showing in a gallery here, then Covid happened.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,716 ·
My wife was a huge Barbie fan when she was a little kid in the 60s and has just about every original Barbie and all her outfits. Like hundreds. Hand bags, boots, shoes, ice skates, hats gloves etc in 5 large boxes.
She took them out for Greta to play with and she is going nuts. Unfortunately Ken looks to have had cancer and lost all his hair but Barbie still looks beautiful. Now they are going to Greta.

·
15,753 Posts
Hey Paul, how's your hand doing? Still slowing you down with your tank?
Hack

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,719 ·
Hey Hack, hand is almost healed so still boating and making Steam Punk.

Happy Fathers Day. Wife is taking me out on our boat today to a nice seaside restaurant for dinner. :D

·
15,753 Posts
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Pal!
Happy Fathers Day. Wife is taking me out on our boat today to a nice seaside restaurant for dinner. :D
THAT sounds like the stuff dreams are made of........Enjoy the dream!

Glad to hear the hand is healing nicely, and hobbies aren't stranded with those less competent......They require your special geniusness! 👍
Hack

4701 - 4720 of 4721 Posts