The Reef Tank banner

Tank birthday, 40 years

651K views 6K replies 216 participants last post by  Paul b 
Possibly broadcast feeding the gorg right into the path of a siphon and doing a small maybe 1 gal water change daily? It might be able to be done with a small 3/4" airline and a turkey baster or my favorite, a nice caviar dropper?

Just bounching ideas around, i tried that method to spot feed my whole tank daily, i got lazy :)

Paul i frequently stop by the LFS that you go to, if your talking about the one on old country. I have a ton of spaghetti worms in my tank. Some i even isolated into snail shells for easy transport to my higher detritus areas. If you want some i can arrange that.

Scott

Hey quick question paul, how do you construct your shrimp feeders for the mandarin? I recently picked up a psychadellic morph from AV and want to see if i can get the little guys belly to puff a little. He has taken a few blackworms during feedings, but i haven't trained him enough yet and the bigger ones he kinda just ignores.

I have a good amount of copepods on my glass in tank so hopefully the same is true for the rocks/sandbed. I see him picking away and eating i just want to make sure that i spoil him figuratively like all mandarins shoud be, not literally spoil like alot of mandarins do unfortunately :(

I waited a year for this i want to do it right :)

Scott

I am having a hard time keeping all my fish fed because I just have too many. You know that feeling when you go into a LFS not intending to buy anything. You promise yourself you won't buy anything because you just don't have the room. You swear to yourself you won't buy anything. Then you see it. You really must have it. It is a one of a kind. You convince yourself that you owe it to your body. Then as you are driving home with the new fish, you swear to yourself, that that is the absolute last fish you can possibly fit in there. My fish are now taking turns putting their heads underwater, that's how crowded it is. Their tails are getting a rash from hitting each other. Each fish is on a first name basis with each other.
It's terrible, but that's where I am now. For the last two weeks I can't find my male bluestripe pipefish, so I figure he is gone along with my clingfish, so that gives me the opportunity to get more fish. As soon as I put in the new fish, guess who shows up? Yep, the bluestripe pipefish and clingfish. The pipefish was doing what he always does, having babies in the back of the tank. My water is like sewage from all the food I have to put in. One of my bubble corals died, probably because my nitrates are 980 or so. I tested the nitrates once and the test water in the vial turned into tar. I don't know what I am going to do because the fish just won't die, they don't even jump out any more but they keep growing. One of my bangai cardinals uses a shoehorn to get in between the rocks because he got to large. That fireclown had a birthday, he is about 25 years old (but I could be off by a couple of years as I lost his birth certificate)
Haha your posts never cease to make me choke on my dinner lol. And our LFS never ceases to not bring in something totally new and unique, so i feel your anxiety about walking through the front door of it haha.

How are you liking the clingfish? Theres a bunch of silvery grey ones at the lfs right now and they said they were reef safe, im curious just to have one :)

And on another note, i saw you mention your nitrates are sky high, what about your phosphates? Do you ever get cyano? Id like to have a tank like yours where you can feed everyone and their cousin and still have corals look the way they do in your tank.

Paul, feel free to come to my hot yoga studio and try a free week. I teach alot of compression postures that involve flushing scar tissue buildup out of generalized areas of joints without actually using the hand muscles at all.

I teach down in carle place and also in merrick off of sunrise highway.

Mine did too for awhile, i called it his war flag. :)

Not sure if your interested but i dosed chemi clean into my heavily layered cyano problem and 2 days later it was good as gone and 1 week later still no signs.

The only downside was i needed to replace 30% of the DT water to make my skimmer stop overskimming after the treatment.

All livestock good as gold

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.