The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm not here much, but some may remember me when I was more active. For a variety of reasons, mostly time and environmental-related, I've decided to get out of the reef-keeping hobby.

Frankly, the reason I've kept going the last year is that it's overwhelming to think about how to take this darn thing down (ideas and volunteers welcome!!)

Obviously, if I post all the equip, creatures, etc... people will want bits and pieces. If it doesn't go in the right order, it's a long, painful process.

I am MOST interested in simplicity, and minimizing the fuss and time to take it down. I am LEAST interested in getting top dollar for everything. Therefore, people willing to take things in bulk or in the right order will get the best deals. Help with labor will also get you a good deal, assuming I know you or you come with good references!!;)

Here's what I have for equip - I'm not listing animals, but pictures are here to give you an idea of what's in there:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rsaund/125GalReefTank

All Glass 125 gallon tank
Oak cabinet and canopy
2- icecap 430's and endcaps, running 4, 5 foot VHO bulbs
Metal Halide ballast for 2, 250W bulbs (brand unknown but I can find out)
Red Sea Wavemaster Pro wavemaker and 4 nice powerheads
1/4 HP Custom Sea life Chiller and electronic controller
HSA Skimmer (big) not sure what size, but big
2- Rainbow Lifeguard canister filters, barely used. Plumbed inline "just in case"
20 gallon CO2 canister
5 gallon CO2 canister (everybody needs a backup!)
CO2 regulator of some sort
Calcium reactor I bought from Greg (no name brand)
2 GRI 14520-304 pumps - mega good pumps
60 gallon thick plastic sump
RO filtration stuff
Lots of plumbing bits and pieces

This tank was designed and set up by Bill Damon at Tidal Pool, so everything is very well done.

Email me at robin @ robins-site.com (remove the spaces) for serious interest or ideas on how to go about this...

THANKS!!

Robin Ryan

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I sold the entire system last week. Thanks for all your inquiries. I'm going to try to come to a meeting or two this year to enjoy (vicariously) some nice tanks. Take care,

Robin

·
Registered
245 Posts
What did it go for, i'll give you 25 bucks more... hah

Thanks everyone, I sold the entire system last week. Thanks for all your inquiries. I'm going to try to come to a meeting or two this year to enjoy (vicariously) some nice tanks. Take care,

Robin

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It went for a very good deal for both parties!! ;)

Maybe the new owner will post some pix to show what was done with it...

Robin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts