The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jay,

Here is my tank and stand....take notice of the bootleg lighting system.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With that amount of rock in there it'll take forever to cycle huh?

Steve

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lol no not really, you'll actually cycle pretty quickly. but the rock will only support a ver very low bio load, like 1 fish maybe :)

hehe, i think most of us here have had the same lights. i have the same lights on all of my fw tanks, and only upgraded to vho's on my sw a few months ago.

ok, i know which stand you have, it's the standard aga off the shelf stand right? like you get at an lfs? i should be able to get some wood that matches it with a gloss black venere on it, if not then we'll just paint it gloss black for a close match.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hmm....i would comment on Steves low bio load, but since my tank has nary a rock nor a drop of water, i will remain silent.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HA HA HA....LOL......but I'll tell ya what those 2 pieces of rock are the BEST two pieces that were at the LFS. Good Shape!

Steve

·
Registered
706 Posts
My first 55 that I put together was supposed to be an FOWLR but the LFS really led me in circles....told me that I needed to cycle with damsels or order 400 dollars worth of rock from him. So being new, and not really understanding what "cycle meant" (he lead me to beleive that it was just adding bacteria to my tank so that I could add more fish never pointed out the nitrogen cycle to me!) I bought the damsels. since there was nothing in my tank except two damsels, that I fed sparingly, the nitrogen cycle never really happened (not on a scale I could see).

So I went out and bought two pieces of live rock that the LFS had at the store. So my tank looked just like yours, two damsels blue background and two pieces of rock.

·
Ghetto Reefer 101
1,447 Posts
refreashing to finally see a tank with a little swimming room....

Looks great, well on your way!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you........traip.......I am a LOOOOOOOOOOONG WAY AWAY

:-D

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts