The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever tried this stuff? are there any lfs that carry it? it looks kinda cool and i think it would add some great color

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tried some with my yellow tang awhile back... It's really nice stuff, only problem is it's a really expensive way to feed your tang if you can't get it growing. My advice would be to get some if you have a refugium in which to grow it, or some way to keep the critters from eating all of it.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Hey yall,

It is great, great stuff. Do not put it where your tang can get it though. I had to grow it in a internal refguium, and I can't figure out how he did it but he managed to pull it out through the little vent holes I am guessing. It goes fast...and I mean fast. Hermits eat it tooo. So I am guessing the next time I try this, I will go with an external refugium, no hermits.
Ray

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ray,
did you buy it from online or from a lfs? id like to be able to find some @ a lfs. i was thinking of adding it to the refugium we were talking about in the other thread. =)

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
i know this thread is like 6 years old but im thinkin of getting some of this for my yellow and powder brown.....

question is.....can i grow it out in my sump? i do have a 40g tank as well i could grow it in but i would have to get rid of all the hermits in there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts