The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my two yellow tangs I've had for a year has what looks like a nip out of its back dorsal fin, "Top fin" .... Like somebody nipped at him. Guys are fat and happy I think. Don't always feed twice a day.

Dried seaweed twice a week, frozen herbavore cubes one a day and they even eat the tiny "formula two pellets" I throw in for other fish?

Question;
If their fin edges start to look a little jagged, is there something I can change to bring them back?

·
Premium Member
14,532 Posts
as long as the fish is fat and healthy it shoudl heal up OK -

If it gets worse I'd start to worry

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a diamond back gobie, one of my favorites. I am thinking fin rot as after closer inspection the edge of his fin is starting to look a bit beat up. What is the best solution for turning around fin rot?

·
11,345 Posts
Im thinking fin rot is a bacterial infection if I recall. I used to get it when i had a lion and fed him goldfish(I KNOW...i didnt know any better). there is a treatment for it.

for fun...here is one of the best times my goby got a hold of my chevron...I would have loved to see this and catch the act on film. wrapped his lips around the cchevrons mouth and chomped lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As always, thanks for the info... I could be overfeeding for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts