The Reef Tank banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal??? My yellow tang is eating cyano... I love this guy.... he's my little saltwater John Deer... He's attacked the hair algae, and now he's battling with the cyano monster... :)

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sure, just pack up all them clams you got and send em on over and I'll send you the tang... :funny:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Buzz... sorry this is late.. haven't been on in a few days... But I have a purple tang and when I had cyano on the sand bed... that dude ate it like it was divine... so I think you and I just got lucky and have two weird tangs! just be happy.

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I'm definately happy... I can't stand that Cyano and I'm glad he seems to like it... :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Buzz.. I just thought of something else... both the yellow tang and purple tang are from the family zebrasoma.....so maybe there's a relationship to that family and hair algae and cyano....hmmmm

·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure, but if it's true, I'll buy 4 or 5 yellows to start working on my 125.... I got tons of cyano and hair in that tank...

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Buzz_Hog said:
Not sure, but if it's true, I'll buy 4 or 5 yellows to start working on my 125.... I got tons of cyano and hair in that tank...
Owee the Tang police will get you.:)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Buzz... You said.. they yellow is ur fave? The purple is mine... might wanna think about a yellow and a purple in the 125.... I always think they look awesome together when they're in a reef tank...... oh and I won't tell the tang police!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts