The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are we planning for the activity at AS in Sept. Originally it was going to be a large Reef Raffle w/ the original skimmer as one of the prizes and AS donateing some other prizes.

No matter what the activity is --- somebody needs to get moving on organizing it.

Aug was just left in the wind and fortunatly Jenn came through w/ Kent Marine --- Lets not do that for AS.

Also do we really need door prizes and what not for Anthony Calfo. We are allready giving the members the speaker for free. I would rather save some of the prizes for holiday presents/door prizes for the Dec meeting especially if it's an informal meeting with no planned reef presentation/activity.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Calfo raffle

wildemon said:
The only thing was, last year with the advance notice, a lot of out of state folks showed up. The door prizes kinda took the edge off coming so far. There were so many, everybody got something.
HMMMMMM --- I guess somebody is going to deliver my door prize from Borneman :rolleyes:

And this still does not address the issue of activity for Sept at AS --- time is running out.

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
this is a thought for a speaker. maybe the owner, or one of the employees of AS could do a rundown on the lfs in action. what goes on on a day to day basis some of the import / export problems some of the behind the scenes day to day stuff.... there thoughts on collection practices.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
Good idea, Curtis - however I don't think Jorge imports - he's like most of us, he buys from importers, mostly in LA.

He sure can tell a flood story though ;) Jorge, Angela, Scott and I all swapped flood stories at the Shindells' some months ago :funny: He's got me beat by a mile - dating back to when he owned Pisces.....

Still there are many aspects of the business that he might be able to talk about, though. I'm just not sure if he's willing to address the crowd - he's kinda shy that way, but perhaps Victor or Jeff might?

Jenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.