The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while trying to figure out canister problem my skilter sorta got broke. Well when I put my old skimmer back on the power head died. Now I am with out a skimmer untill I can get money together to buy a new power head for skimmer. Does any body else go through this trouble?

·
Super Moderator
22,650 Posts
oh ya,,,,think we all do!hang in there . it'll get better!
you can be like me,,,,over the many years of doing this , i've accumulated a lot of "dead soldiers" ie: parts etc, like a aquarium junkyard,,,,if something goes out around here, there'a good chance i got some part to either fix it, or make up a new one, if ya got a bad piece of equiptment, throw away the known bad part, strip out the rest,and save for down the road. i went from a bunch of tanks, FW and SW,,to only two tanks,(75 and a 180) so what was not sold off , i kept,,need less to say, i've kept a powerhead or two going for a long time,by going to my junk"yard" of parts,,,
hang in there! the bad days make the good days even better!:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found an old power head that for the time being I rigged up to run my skimmer but I don't think its good enough considering its a 195gph versus the one that was for it was a 400 gph. I also learned that the problem with the origanal pump was that the oring and plastic was worn and didn't seal correctly and thats why it didn't work. But I rigged that up to run as my first power head in the tank. The main problem with it now is when I tried to run it on my skimmer it just over whelmed my tank with lots of bubbles so I removed the air tubing and figured why not a circulation device. Bad things tend to happen but after I calm down and think the situation through I learn that some thing good always comes out of some thing bad for the most part. Thanks for every thing said its much appreciated.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.