The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this week I am going on a fishing trip, but next weekend I am going BB on my tank. I will post pics of before during and afters. I have to say it will be a ton of work but I'm kinda excited

·
c.a.g. owner and operator
2,311 Posts
wait till ya start pulling the sand ! i think your first words will be "oh my god " ! maybe not that nice . have a good fishin trip !

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gwaco, I'll be posting pics of the fishing trip in the general reef discussion forum.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Wiskey said:
I'll be keeping an eye out for your re-build thread, if you have a DSB now, I think you will be shocked by all the nasty stuff you pull out.

Whiskey
Agreed. When I sold my 1st tank I removed the sand and it was nasty!!

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So anyways, I got all of the sand out and the starboard in. Whole project took about 6 hrs. Wow was it hard work but all of the corals look much happier. I couldn't cook the rock as I do not have the space or the resources to make that happen:( looks pretty good regardless. The wife is on holidays with some girlfriends so as soon as I get the camera back I'll post some pics :)

·
Noo Doot Aboot It!
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh absolutely not, I have already noticed my corals are happier and better polyp extension, so definately no regrets

1 - 9 of 9 Posts