The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what did YOU bring home from SWU2!??!! Even if it wasn't a raffle- go ahead and BRAG!! The people that won tanks *SIMON*, the nekid clowns *KEVIN* and the trip to LA better be posting!!

I took home 750 gallons of salt *THANKS SEACHEM FOR BEING THE EVENT SPONSOR!!*, a timer, a frag from the Borneman/Calfo frag choppin demo, purchased 3 more frags, free bag of sand and got my clean up crew from Kevin. I got all my money back that I put into raffles!! Pre-SWU raffles- I got a signed book, and a dinner with Walt Smith and Dr Carlson!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a lifetime of memories from the event!!! :dance:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well - apparently I won the Polo Lessons - but I was busy at the time and Steve assumed I wouldn't want them... Oh well - guess I don't need to be riding around on a horse trying to hit a little ball - I would probably break something (like my HEAD!).

Martin Moe won a really cool light set donated by Marine Fish - he was REALLY excited!

Who won the Wicked tickets?

We still have some books, polo shirts, t-shirts and posters left if anyone would like to purchase some - please let me know.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Was the winner of the LA trip named Julian? This may be a retired volunteer for the Aquarium. He helps me each Thursday and Saturday at the Aquarium. He came to the conference on Friday and Saturday.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Thats the one! I won the alternate position....

Steve

·
Registered
390 Posts
I GAIN 2 lbs from the food and cookies at the party. And, I am not complainning. The food is that good. I'll do it again next year. hehe.

·
Registered
417 Posts
gwen_o_lyn said:
the nekid clowns *KEVIN* and the trip to LA better be posting!!
Gwen, I hate to break the news to you, but I didn't win the clowns... I won a coral colony instead. There was a mistake made :(. Oh well.

A big thank you to all the wonderful sponsors that we had this year! Thank you for an awesome event.!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ive never been to a saltwater event but they sound amazing
how much do they cost i think i might want to go next time they have one and where are they?
All these diffrent people talkin about free things and raffles, now thats a good time!!!
AND FREE FOOD that makes me want to go 10x more :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Last year it was at Zoo Atlanta, this year it was at the Georgia Aquarium. Next year???? Join the committee...

As far as price, we keep changing the cost point. The conference is designed to just break even, and is highly dependent on sponsors (hint - thank your local stores with your wallet!). Last year it was $55 for a one day conference. With the expansion and having it at the Georgia Aquarium, it was $148 for the three day conference, but as people said, they also walked out with anything from salt to tanks, and dinner at the aquarium after hours. Next year the cost point will probably be in between.

Steve

·
Registered
274 Posts
then i guess ill have to start saving up and sellin stuff because i got lots of things i need to spend money on and those things that i need to spend money on are not just little cost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts