The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I swear I put a post somewhere on here, about this already, but I can't find it. So, I'll just start another one. I have a 12 gallon nano cube dx, with the stock lighting. I just ordered a Boost LED PAR30 reef lamp a few days ago, and I am just waiting for it to come right now. So I figured I would make a thread about this with pics and stuff so you guys can see what happens. I am planning on seeing if I can put a clam in there, because the light SHOULD be more than enough, but we'll see. It is the one with 3 royal blue (453 nm), 1 cool white, and 1 neutral white. I ordered the kit that comes with the clamp lamp too. So anyways, here are some before pics, while I'm waiting. Tell me what you guys think. Oh, and there is a little cyano I am battling right now, and it is going away, but there is still a little. (so just ignore it ok?)

Attachments

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some more! :) Oh and the candycane coral in the post above is the one that part of it got abliterated by my powerhead (which is not in the tank anymore). The hole is where I broke off the dead heads. Also, my clownfish is hosting in the toadstool leather. There is a picture of my VERY skittish firefish poking his head out of his cave. He is actually coming out a lot more now that my watchman goby is gone. He got in a fight with my watchman right after I put him in and killed it. So, now that he doesn't have to compete for territory, he comes out a lot more. And there's a pic of my little ocellaris clownfish I've pretty much had from the beginning, by his toadstool. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Very nice looking little tank. I like it!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh thanks. Its been running for about a year now. I set it up in October of last year. I'm really liking how it turned out. But now it's time for an upgrade. That's something we all understand on here.

·
Registered
295 Posts
love the setup you have!!!

im thinking of doing that in my 9 gallon frag tank

what leds are those?

ive just added the TMC blue Aquaray flexi leds for more acitinic light.

is your light solely leds now?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In those pics it is just the stock PC lighting for the 12 gallon Nano Cube DX. It is 2 50/50 PCs. The LEDs haven't come yet, but it is the Boost LED PAR30 lamp. It just screws into a regular bulb socket. Do a search for it in google and it should come up with something.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Oh thanks. Its been running for about a year now. I set it up in October of last year. I'm really liking how it turned out. But now it's time for an upgrade. That's something we all understand on here.
If you mean an upgrade like leaving that one alone and starting a new larger one from scratch, yes, if you are thinking of taking everything out of the small to go in the large, you may be disappointed. People do the latter all the time but that tank is flourishing with the combo of parameters, lights etc. and I would just enjoy your success.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thats kinda what I mean. The LEDs came in the mail yesterday, just in time for my birthday. :) So anyways, today is Day 1 with the light, and I like it. It definately has a different look though. My corals are all opened up and everything, so thats a plus. I am going to take pics in just a minute, so I will post some if I have time. I'm going to have to make a run to the LFS to pick up some more salt, because I was mixing up some SW and I used up the last of my salt, and it wasn't enough...and I need to do a water change pretty soon. So anyways I will try to post some today, if I don't I will try to tomorrow.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry about them being a little blurry. I will take a FTS and some better ones later and post them probably later tonight or tomorrow.

·
Marie
98 Posts
Really looks great. I like the fox coral and toadstool. Silly clownfish lol. How long has the tank been up?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts