The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 10g with some generally unsatisfying live rock...i admit it was mostly an impulse buy so i didn't really consider the look(lfs had a great sale; $20 for 10 lbs dry rock!!). now I'm regretting it. the rocks are more like slabs, and they just dont have that porous, reefy look and it just wasn't what i envisioned. since I'm setting up a sump, i thought i could buy the new picture perfect live rock and slowly add it into the sump to avoid shock, then 4-6 weeks later basically swap the live rock from the sump and display tank. sounds like a hassle, but im willing to do it for the tank ive already put so much commitment to. just wanted to make sure this was safe; tank inhabitants include 2 ocellaris clownfish, 3 bumble bee snails, and 8 hermit crabs. thanks for any advice!:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
in case anybody was curious about my current rock work, here is the picture:

·
Aquatic Beginner
1,427 Posts
If you want to do a change cure live rock in a 5 gal bucket. There is plenty of post on here in how to do it. And then you can just switch pieces.

·
Premium Member
11,065 Posts
If you want to do a change cure live rock in a 5 gal bucket. There is plenty of post on here in how to do it. And then you can just switch pieces.
+1

The die off from the live rock will cause ammonia, so best to cure it where that can't harm your fish. Also, they make reef epoxy that could help you glue your rock into a configuration you like better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts