The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i want all the fish
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wussap everyone...i have a 125 gal tank and currrently using oceanic natural sea salt.its been running for almost a year now..i want to start using instant ocean synthetic salt because of trace elements has and most of the fellas here in trt use it and have a great success...do i need to do a 100 % water change and switch to IO or can i just do a 25%
wc every week with IO...my tank is fowlr...but thingking of making it to a reef..i have a shrooms,leather and zoos ryte now....i guess its not really a fowlr....:D .....what would you guys suggest..tanx

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
As Whiskey said, I would just change the water normally with the IO salt instead of the 100% WC.

·
i want all the fish
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have lr that are in the process of cooking...im gonna take out the current lr in the tank once the process is done...can i just put the cooked lr in the tank.. or put a 100% nsw with IO since i want to make a switch...will my cycle start over again?

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
i have lr that are in the process of cooking...im gonna take out the current lr in the tank once the process is done...can i just put the cooked lr in the tank.. or put a 100% nsw with IO since i want to make a switch...will my cycle start over again?
If you are cooking your rock, it won't do any more cycling because of the rock no matter which salt you use. Simply start using IO salt in the cooking process. Then, if you end up with a tank with no old rock, you can do a 100% WC if you want.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
what is oceanic natural sea salt? They make something other than their synthetic stuff?

I wouldnt think twice about swapping salt brands, just keep doing what you were doing with the whatever salt you've got on hand.

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
ditto, good recommendations here.

·
i want all the fish
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im probably gonna do a 25% wc with IO...like loverotties said tanx everyone...if anybody have other suggestion you are more welcome...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts