The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok So I set up my 90 gal like 3 months now It is really starting to look cool,but there is so many scratches on the tank when I set back and look at it I am really disappointed. so I have a 90 gal breeder tank it leaks though. I am debating if I should just scrape all the silicone and reseal it I can then drill some hols and have a new reef tank it is same size but shallow how hard is it to reseal and do you think a shallower tank will be good for reef.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Shallow would be better than deep in my opinion as more light reach's the bottom. And the corals get better light. Also easier to clean as not as deep. But it is alot if work to change tanks. I am thinking about the same thing but is it worth the work and that's a personal question.
As long as resealing bot to bad just lots of testing with water to check for leaks make sure you use a power head on the ends as well after to make sure the silicone holds. And make sure the ends are super clean as well before you apply silicone. Once its clean pretty easy to apply.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice , I have the tank al scraped and cleaned ready to seal I am kinda nervise but I will do many test before I do the change. after about 2 hours of work my daughter comes home and is not digging the shallow tank, is there anyone that has a shallow setup I would like to some pics.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well so much for the tank I had my daughters boy friend and aother freind move the tank outside for a water test and they droped it cracked the bottom so no more tank

1 - 5 of 5 Posts