The Reef Tank banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......HAPPY *ONDAY! One can only hope.

Good *orning, and we're off to the races again.....well except for Doug who had to do this all alone yesterday.
Coffee is on, and Frosted Blueberry Pop Tarts to trade with your Friends. ;)

64F heading to upper 80's.....just when you thought it was safe to put your 'speedos' away. It's just ti*e to allow fall to have center stage.

Hope a new week brings good things with it for All,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Morning everyone. Big old rainstorm coming through.

Hopefully work will be cool. I am still stinging a little from the whack with the forklift (tow motor they call it here)

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Perry, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and blueberry PopTarts, Hack! I’ll add apple muffins made with local Granny Smith Apples.
Hope your day at the office goes well with the gearing down process.

Perry - send us some of that rain. We haven’t had any in weeks!
Aha! They call that contraption a tow motor in eastern NC as well. No sure about SC.

This morning I’m supposed to have the new Covid booster and flu shot. But my back hurts so much, I might post pone it. I’ll call the pharmacy to see what they think.

Let’s make it a groovy day.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
PS - Sorry to be absent yesterday afternoon and last evening. My day positively got away from me. Lots of goings-on around here this weekend.
I’m surprised I didn’t have any takers for the grilled peaches with ice cream. They sure looked good to me, and next time I’m over at Bobbi and Hal’s place, I’m going to suggest that we make that.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning everyone,

Have to get ready to take Kristine to eye doctor for follow up visit.
It’s been dry here for almost the past week. I think it’s about to change.
Cath we are needing our booster shots, they didn’t have any last week.
Have a great day

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Afternoon all,

Mom not doing well, she called Sis at work and Sis went to mom’s and called the hospice nurse . Sis said she was not looking good when she got there,,, doing “better” now after some morphine .. and now “comfortable “. Sis gonna will work remotely from mom’s for the time being . I came up and brought what plug in stuff for her laptop etc , then grabbed Sis n i some lunch and a stop to Walgreens for a phone charge cord for her new phone( of course it
didn’t fit 🤷🏻‍♂️😡) .

Gonna stick around for a bit more , then head back home to tend to the critters,,, Sis has things in hand for now.

Hope everyone is having a great day

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Jeff hope your mom pulls through. Having to have three kids of chargers sucks.

Power goes out all the time at our Lake Erie sea level place.

Reactions: VWD

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Jeff hope your mom pulls through. Having to have three kids of chargers sucks.

Power goes out all the time at our Lake Erie sea level place.
No pulling thru Perry, pancreatic cancer . Think the doc was generous with the 3-6 month timeline .

• Sad
Reactions: hackshobby and cath

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Both my parents died from cancer. It sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: Junkzoo

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Thanks ,
Sis texted me saying that she went home for a bit, and came back to mom’s. She is gonna stay the night ( and possibly work remote there tomorrow)
She said mom forgot she tried the milk shake I got her at lunch ( and used the phone to change tv channels) with all mom’s health stuff going on now, and that she is not eating much if anything ( can’t eat much or throws it up), not surprised that mind and memory are taking a hit now.
Sis gave her a sedative now, and told her she was staying overnite ( we were both mildly shocked that mom did not resist her staying the night)
Morphine and anti- nausea meds are helping , hospice nurse was here today and “on call”.
The plan is my going there tomorrow and trim the mucho evergreens at mom’s, a bit sooner than my usual annual trimming , but at least I’ll get it done and still be there ( and since the house is “warm” 🥵, I can still be there and outside tending to chores)

• Sad
Reactions: hackshobby and cath

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Jeff, I’m really sorry that your mom’s condition is declining so fast. Pancreatic cancer is rough. Sending comforting thoughts and prayers to your mom, and to you and your sis’s family.
My hubby died of pancreatic and liver cancer.

When I was out and about today, I was aware of the slightly citrusy aroma of a tea olive bush. I wish I could send that aroma to all of you. It is a subtle aroma. Not one that knocks you over.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
More prayers for peace and comfort for ALL involved caring for Mom Jeff........take all the help offered, and lean on each other......NO ONES ALONE!
Hack and Family

1 - 19 of 19 Posts