The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone. Coffee is ready.

Front brakes and tire rotation to do. Ended up doing other things yesterday.

Hopefully the Browns will have the first 2-0 record since 1993 after the game today.

Got some roast beast marinating. Enjoy your day folks!

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry at all of TRT. Thanks for the coffee. I will add Thomas English muffins ready to be toasted, cream cheese, PB, jams, and nanners for an appetizer.
Have a good time working on your car.

Just tiptoeing around so as not to wake up everyone else.

Off to church in a little while.

Carry on.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
Morning all. I will take one of those muffins! Roast beast is always the right answer for a Sunday. Unfortunately All I have to offer is a cold coffee and a keyboard this morning. I will try to do better, sorry.

Hope everyone has a great day.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got Hawaiian Bread sliders here for anyone that wants one. Egg, ham and cheese on a little roll. They are killer.

Morning Cath and Rick.

The hunnydo list is conflicting with my list. I'll do it all.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where is Hack?

Reactions: Tinsnips and VWD

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
......Right here Bro.

Got a late night under our belts, thus a late start. Saw all was in good hands round here with Y'All, so drug my feet a wee bit.

Those 'sliders' are awesome......we serve them a LOT. Hawaiian rolls are stupidly priced for the most part round here, but.....SORRY.....HellMart's version is as good and much more reasonable.

Shall return.....not quite a full 2 cups in me yet, so this post ain't exactly legal yet,
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
........OK, there's 2 cups now.

Like where this thread is heading today......FOOD! (y)
Sliders and roast beef......both quality offers. And this may be duplicated.

Due to the strongest bone in my body having it's way yesterday, ("The 'lazy bone'."), today has a list attached to it......grass cutting, and ?.....sure there's something else?:unsure::cautious:

Got to get to the store and library I know of, as well as some 'gun shop' time......Hack has a Friend coming over, so there'll be something with THAT I'm sure.

I think a tall glass of Tomato juice may help me think......if nothing else it will feed my 'lazy bone' for a few more minutes.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning everybody, it’s gonna be a great Sunday.

Kristine and I sat around and watch TV yesterday, watched a movie on Bobby Fischer, it was pretty interesting. I remembered a lot of it from back in the day.

Not sure what we have planned for today, just hope it’s more productive than yesterday.

Looking forward to our trip to Albuquerque for the 50th anniversary of the balloon fiesta. We took the kids every year through at least one mass ascension, this would be the first one in probably 20 years.

The weather has been beautiful but I think the rain is on its way.

Have a great Sunday.

·
Administrator
49,400 Posts
Good morning all, it rained over night :) Hopefully this will make the local fire easier to put a lid on it. Back to work this am, hopefully its is payday, gettin a little light in the purse.
Vinny I always wanted to do the Albuquerque Balloon Fest, went to the one in Reno several years in a row. Actually that is why I bought that 20mm Vivitar lense, I got some great shots lying on my back in the midddle of launch area as the balloons started to fill and rise.
Hope the day treats you all well

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
.......Would love to see some of those pictures Doug if they still exist. (y)

Had one of 'those days' ourselves yesterday Vinnie.....they fill great, but the conscious hurts latter.....not a lot, but that sounded 'politically correct'.;)

Thanks to Y'All there's an Eye roast going in the crock pot in a bit.....and will be mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, and mushrooms to help fill the table.....and said Hawaiian rolls, (HeckNo Mart's version) of course. Which opens the door of possibilities for Roast beef sliders latter. EXCELLENT CALL Y'ALL! (y)

Never seen a 'hot air balloon' in person, and that scene from the clear bright blue skies in Albuquerque is other worldly to me.......would love to though.

Time to go whittle on the list that I'm sure exists somewhere.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
Just had the greatest employee conversation ever. I have a young fella working for me who is a good kid. Works hard and learns. This past couple nights was his first time working the building alone and he came in my office an hour a go & said "Can I talk to you? I did the afternoon shifts by myself and it was a really busy but I pulled it off. I am at starting wage & I wondered if maybe you would move me up now that I am taking on more responsibility."

Me with a straight face "No. It's too soon to move you up"

Him: "Well, when do you think? Like what time are we talkin?"

Me: I gave you a $1.40/hour raise last Thursday while you were off - you will see it on your next paycheque. Next question..."

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tough conversation. Got similar at my place with a rockstar

Reactions: Tinsnips and cath

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
I have seen THAT a lot lately......'Can I get a raise now and I'll do more work'....."You moving kinda slow.....pick it up a little."....'Well if you pay me more, I'll work harder.'. Is this actually what they are teaching kids in school/tech schools nowa days?

Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
MAN.....dinner may be behind us, but it's still WAY WITH some of us! ;)
That Eye roast was yummy, and as eluded to above, some of us have 'eyes bigger than their stomachs'.....well at the moment THAT may even be incorrect. The pants are loosened to accommodate the extra baggage.

Today, though relaxing, was more productive than yesterday.....though things were left for another day. What I failed to do on the 'TO DO' list, was made up for my my efforts in the gun shop. Got 3 on the bench in various stages of being dealt with......2 in the 'refinishing' phase, and can't be rushed. Thinking I have found my 'What's next' phase in my life. Appears to be no shortage. Still God willing about 4 years out......but 'building my reputation' till then.:cool:

Jen's napping, and Hack just said 'good night', but the 3 dogs....yeah, 3 dogs seem to be up for whatever I decide.

Peace and Fudgie Wudgies,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,752 Posts
Evening all,

Kept “busy” most of the day, lowered some green before the alledged rain/hail and super storms happen tonight/overnite. Think a few mebbe tornado alerts thrown in for news/weather effect.
Maybe it’ll rain a bit tonight 🤷🏻‍♂️🙄.

Pre sundown parrot time now,, I was late on the afternoon session.

Hope everyone had a great day

Reactions: hackshobby and VWD

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Hello pirrytra, and welcome to TRT.
Fantastic rifles!

Finding one's way around a new site can be confusing at times.......so I hope we can assist.
New Member Introductions
This is a great starting point......gives people a chance to get to know you, and for you to let us know a little about you.....and help guide you to the sections on here that may be of interest to you.

Margaritaville
And with you leading off about the Remington 700's, I think you may be interested in this section.....
As it has this thread in there,
Guns anyone?

But wherever you find yourself, HELP is only an asking away.
All the best,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have seen THAT a lot lately......'Can I get a raise now and I'll do more work'....."You moving kinda slow.....pick it up a little."....'Well if you pay me more, I'll work harder.'. Is this actually what they are teaching kids in school/tech schools nowa days?

Hack
Pretty much. Going back to my brief stint as a poolboy kids wanted to do the minimum required. An example is swinging by the shop to get three cones when there were hundreds on the truck at our site.

Our eye of round was killer.

Reactions: hackshobby
1 - 17 of 17 Posts