The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all.

Coffee is on. Left a crock pot full of chili on low all night. Around here they prefer mild, and this crossed into Medium. Reason they invented Siracha for me, and sour cream for the folks around here that exist on salt and pepper.

Cath, looks like you might get a little rain and wind soon.

Time to organize my pegboard today. That brings much joy.

Enjoy the day!

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Mornin Perry. I am one of the salt & pepper folks. Anything spicier than fish & chips and I cry. Mild is plenty and sour cream is plentiful. Love chili though! It is the first of three rainy cold days here, some chili is sounding good right now. I am at work & will be heading home this afternoon to watch football - the chili would be prefect.

Have a great day everyone.

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Been trying my darndest to get here this morning, but lollipops, chirping birds, and boogie men keep getting in my way.

CHILLY sounds awesome Perry, and I side with my Friend Rick.....'MILD' is far yummier than 'HOLLY CRUD'!

WOW......What am I doing? STOP!!!!! :unsure: :oops: :eek:.....

Good morning Everyone, and HAPPY SUNDAY TO ONE N ALL!
Hi Perry and Rick......NOW add the first part into this mix......(y)😏

A milder day than the past 2 round here.....and may/may not be a rainy one.....our guessers appear to be a wee uncertain.

Coffee is going, and negotiations for grub is in ernest.
Peace and dandy candy to All,
Hack

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Good mawnin’ Perry, Rick, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Perry! I think I will add huge freshly baked apple muffins. That should warm your tummies get you ready for the next course for breakfast.

Perry, I am also in the camp for a milder kind of chili. My mother grew up in southeast New Mexico she always said you need dairy to go along with chili be it. cheese on top of the chili or sour cream that helps take out the fire. Plus it just taste good.

It is clear that today’s thread will be a food thread, possible heavy on chili, which is a good thing.

Yep, Perry, I think hurricane in will be visiting us towards the end of the week.

Our busy day yesterday worked out great! Addams Family Musical was hilarious and so well done! Then we went to see the Spartanburg Philharmonic. The second half of the program was a performance of a Scheherazade. 47 minutes of a wild ride complete with stories of Sinbad and love and bravado.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Hey Cath, top of the morning! Glad yesterday was a handful of THAT! (y)
Then we went to see the Spartanburg Philharmonic. The second half of the program was a performance of a Scheherazade. 47 minutes of a wild ride complete with stories of Sinbad and love and bravado.
HOW? Something I heard of my whole life, and never heard the phrase/name 'Scheherazade' before, but the tales are deeply embedded. Is there a score you can hit us with the share your experience of last night?
Hack

· Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,804 Posts
Mornin Hack & Cath! Sounds like a great show Cath! What nonsense are you brewing up today Hack? Is the weather over there ugly from the storm or is it north of you?

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,748 Posts
Good morning everybody,

It’s going to be another hot day here today, but the hurricane brewing is going to hit Florida it looks like. They said it’s possible it will hit as a category four, that will be one big storm. Just hope it stays east of us.
Well the Lobos didn’t do too good last night, they got beat really bad. I don’t understand why they would match them up.
Here a photo of me back before I retired. They always laughed at me because I never stayed past three or four pm
Product Font Line Material property Screenshot

Beard Vision care Standing Gesture Gadget

and when I decided to they wanted a photo.

· Super Moderator
24,430 Posts
Morning all,
Perry, while coffee and chili are feel-good/staple comfort stuff, pegboard is required therapy .
Was not a fan of pegboard pre- moving here to the plantation, and cringed when I saw outline of tools in case the tool owners forgot 🙄😬 where stuff went.
The shop here has a lot of pegboard and slowly got on board with being cool with it. I shudder to think the weight the pegboard here is supporting ( and no, no tool outlines, heheh)

Gave sis a break last night with mom -watch, she went to her place to tend to her dogs and to decompress/reboot a bit. Staying with mom along with working from there remotely for her work is a huge undertaking.

Working up a mental list with of what my efforts will be for the day, have a few things in mind .
On to the day,,,

Hope everyone has a great one !👍🏼

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our busy day yesterday worked out great! Addams Family Musical was hilarious and so well done! Then we went to see the Spartanburg Philharmonic. The second half of the program was a performance of a Scheherazade. 47 minutes of a wild ride complete with stories of Sinbad and love and bravado.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!
I loved New Mexico on several visits. Red, green or Christmas.

My chili was as mild as it gets but you gotta add chili powder and paprika. Otherwise you are making manwich. Cincinnati style chili adds cinnamon to the manwich. It is horrid.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Morning all,
Perry, while coffee and chili are feel-good/staple comfort stuff, pegboard is required therapy .
Was not a fan of pegboard pre- moving here to the plantation, and cringed when I saw outline of tools in case the tool owners forgot 🙄😬 where stuff went.
The shop here has a lot of pegboard and slowly got on board with being cool with it. I shudder to think the weight the pegboard here is supporting ( and no, no tool outlines, heheh)

Jeff outlined tools is a horrible idea. I have a couple big metric like 36 and 24, then the others go from 22 on down. The corresponding "merican sizes are on the opposite side.. Crescents are big to little. If you can't put the 7/16 in between the 3/8 and 1/2 I just can't advise anything but to hire someone.

· Retired Wanderer
22,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amazon came and delivered our giant old California King mattress in a box along with a frame and sheets. Got the headboard and all the rest from the King hauled.

We put this sideways. Lots of real estate for the lady, myself and 140 lb American Bulldog Dozer now.

By the way, her vet told her 10% rottie and 90% lab. Zero interest in playing nice, fetch in any way and a grumpy atitude makes me beg to differ. Laugh away but I can get a dog DNA test for 66 bucks. It will be interesting.

Sharon didn't like the "too hot" chili, so she is going to polish off the giant ceaser salad from CostCo. I have to live on chili, sour cream and cheese for a couple of days. Sucks to be me.

Have a nice night everyone!

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Hey Bro.....enjoy that HOT chilly.🌶👹☠ We're going with Fish n Chips with a different kinda 'hot'......I am notorious for not making my cocktail sauce red enough.:sneaky: But seldom is heard....a discouraging word.....and the lips are on fire all day......:cool: NOT really, we just like 'HOT' horseradish round here.

Got a heap big string of T/S's passing through this evening bout 5-5:30p, and the outriders are popping in n out now.....lots of WIND coming along for the ride.

OH I strongly dislike those 'out lined' tool boards.....reminds me of the military days.

By the way, her vet told her 10% rottie and 90% lab. Zero interest in playing nice, fetch in any way and a grumpy atitude makes me beg to differ.
.......:unsure:........just doesn't seem to fit......:cautious: ......hmmmmmm :unsure:......is it one of these evil things?
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Chihuahua Grass

CHI.....HUAH ua !:eek:
Hack
:ROFLMAO:

· Administrator
20,535 Posts
Hey Rick.....nice football fare! (y)
We're not really having 'Fish n Chips', just too blasted lazy to say......We're having 'breaded Fish fillets, mashed potatoes, corn and flakey buttermilk biscuits' for dinner. See?

I still recall the first time I was introduced to F n Cs over in Holly Loch .......a nice Lady handed me some crumbled up news papers with a pile of fried fish and fries in it and asked 'If'n I'll be having some vinegar with em'.....Why? :unsure::cautious:
Hack
:ROFLMAO:

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Jeff, it’s good that you had a chance to spend some time with your mom.
about pegboard for tools: outlined tools would drive me crazy. My hubby put pegboard in his workshop. He invited some woodworking friends, and they all said “I don’t think you do too much woodworking in here. It’s too neat.” 😂

Hey Cath, top of the morning! Glad yesterday was a handful of THAT! (y)

HOW? Something I heard of my whole life, and never heard the phrase/name 'Scheherazade' before, but the tales are deeply embedded. Is there a score you can hit us with the share your experience of last night?
Hack
Here is the best I can do for you. No recording of last nights program, but here’s a good YouTube. Scheherazade is the story of 1001 nights. The music is very descriptive, and you can make up the story in your own head.

I loved New Mexico on several visits. Red, green or Christmas.

My chili was as mild as it gets but you gotta add chili powder and paprika. Otherwise you are making manwich. Cincinnati style chili adds cinnamon to the manwich. It is horrid.
Then someone put in too much cinnamon. You’re not supposed to taste it. It just makes it smooth, so to speak. When I make chili, I don’t put in chili powder because it does not agree with me. I put in a tiny bit of cocoa powder. There again, it’s not enough that you can taste it. It’s very subtle.

On with the evening.

· Administrator
61,145 Posts
Wow. i heard Schaharazad befeore but NEVER HEARD IT. That was great, hope your show was half that good. Excellent performance but I really liked Lead violin, Clarinet and flautist. The lady on Oboe was good but they were all excellent.
I have a new set of Really good speakers with subwoofer that ill drive me out of the house but clean, :)

· Super Moderator
35,704 Posts
Wow, Doug. I’m so glad you liked Scheherazade! I was thinking it might be kind of nice to listen to it while you’re playing chess. On the other hand, I think this piece needs to be heard when you’re not doing anything else. You can look up the story on Wikipedia to get more information, or not. It stands on its own. And it tells a great story. I need to listen to listen to that performance I shared here.
The brass certainly do have an important role in this piece. I like to listen for the trombones and horns especially.

My nephew Matthew,who is a violinist, was the concert master for, oh, I forget what orchestra in Louisiana many years ago. He had a chance to perform that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts