The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Sunday morning TRT!
Welcome back from the hospital Jeff. Glad things are progressing well. Just don't get too out of hand or we will call the in-house nurse on you.:rotflmao:
Waking up a little early at the FD. Quiet night, guess I just was done sleeping. Coffee's on. Not sure who put it on, but the AC is bringing the smell into my room. I don't drink it, but I like the smell.
Heading home after shift change and then off to church. I'm not sure what the afternoon holds. I need to lower the grass a bit and there are some inside chores as well.
Hope y'all have a blessed and relaxing Sunday.
Ray

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Morning Ray!Thanks for the coffee!I have the French Toast with Bacon,sausage and Fruit with Vt maple syrup!Welcome back(no pun) Jeff!Hope your doing ok was worried when we didn't here from your wife!Hope all went well!We'll have wc to do and start to study for my test!Have A Great Day All!

·
Super Moderator
26,861 Posts
Good mawnin', Ray, and all of TRT!

That must be some strong coffee, Ray. I smell it all the way up here ;) Hope you get some R & R this afternoon.

Jeff - glad to hear that your surgery went even better than expected.

The BBQ last evening was great. I had the sense to take my own veggie burger and even some omnivores looked at it with envy. There was a band that played beach, country, and classic rock. Great time.

Big goings on at church today with a visiting bishop doing over 20 confirmations and a baptism. Then the annual church picnic. I'm taking a loaded salad (no meat, though) as my offering.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good morning George and Cath.
Sounds like a fine breakfast George. What test are you studying for? I must have missed it.
Sounds like big doings at the church Cath. Enjoy.
Almost time to go get my gear off the truck. Y'all have a great day!
Ray

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Morning, Ray, George, Cath, & Everybody! :)

Sunny and upper 80's on Rocky Top today.

Ray, I never drank coffee until I got in college. It's an acquired taste as those first cups were awful! ;)

So glad to see Jeff up and around. I just hope he stays out of trouble with the 'home guard-nurse'. Looks like she'd let you use the laptop to keep you off the stairs.

motorcycle.
Just be sure to practice backing up and parallel parking, George. :)

Sounds like big doin's at your church, Cath.

I'm still processing the 189 pictures I took during and after FishGirl's graduation. Since I shoot with Camera RAW, it requires and extra step for conversion but allows a lot more flexibility in adjusting exposure and white balance. I really need to calibrate this monitor to make sure I get the colors right.

We call this five "The Kindergarteners". They were in the school's first kindergarten class 13 years ago and have literally grown up together. All great kids & good friends and their parents have bcome close friends as well.

Have a Splendid Sunday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ray, I never drank coffee until I got in college. It's an acquired taste as those first cups were awful! ;)
They told me the same thing about beer. I never really acquired a taste for that either. Bourbon and Kentucky Sippin' Whiskey are just fine with me. Although I have pretty much outgrown them too.
George, I remember you telling about your motorcycle test now. Senior moment I guess. Maybe I need to take another geritol. Be careful on that thing. I thought about getting a bike when gas went to 4 bucks a gallon. Too many really bad drivers for me.
I have to go get ready for church.
Y'all have a great day!
Ray

·
Registered
384 Posts
My wife's birthday today, and finishing up helping my parents move. Been the craziest couple of weeks I can remember in a while.

Glad the surgery went well Jeff!

My son is graduating in a couple of weeks as well, Dick. Congrats to your grad!

Have a nice Sunday :D

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Good Morning Gang I finally got a good night sleep in after feeling like a grounder yesterday.

Today I have to Paint the stool I made for the kids so they can get on the potty. I used the left over 1x4's from the stand and it came out pretty good. I'll post some pictures when I get the paint work done.

Jeff I'm Glad to here your home and that things went well.

Dick you shoot all those pictures in RAW mode your storage card has to be like a terrabite!!

George Nice motor/scooter I can't believe that thing does 70 mph.

Cath, I'm glad you enjoyed your BBQ and brought a Veggie burger. BTW way kind do you use We try some different brands and found one that we like and I threw out the box (bad Freddy) before jotting down the name.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good morning Jake and Fred.
Happy Birthday to Mrs Jake. Hope you can get a little down time in somewhere, it sounds like you need it.
Morning Fred. Don't forget to feed the squirrel when you get done painting.
Gotta run.
Ray

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your wife, Jake! Congratulations to your son. It's a big milestone transisitioning from high school to the real world.

George, I remember you telling about your motorcycle test now. Senior moment I guess. Maybe I need to take another geritol. Be careful on that thing. I thought about getting a bike when gas went to 4 bucks a gallon.
Ray, I've joined a Biker Gang and you are invited to join us if you'd like. I have to warn you that the initiation is pretty rough. Here's our 'choppers' parked outside our favorite Biker Bar.

Today I have to Paint the stool I made for the kids so they can get on the potty. I used the left over 1x4's from the stand and it came out pretty good. I'll post some pictures when I get the paint work done.
A proper stool is a boon to successful potty training! Good work! :D

Dick you shoot all those pictures in RAW mode your storage card has to be like a terrabite!!
Heheheheheh..... I use 8 gigabyte cards. I have filled one up a time or two! :D

Dick:)

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Fred,it saids top speed is 80mph but he told us it can do 100 easy! it's 250cc at 381 lbs and gets 65 - 70 mpg compaire to my SUV that gets 13 city and 20 highway.And it has a 2.5 gallon tank(which means I say fill it and hand him $5 where I say fill it with my SUV it's $40.)

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
my guess is brisstle worm.You can cath them by put some krill in pantyhose and they will get caught on the hose ,UT DON"T TOUCH THEM with your hands.They have tiny hairs that will go into your skin like fiberglass.

·
Administrator
46,690 Posts
Good Morning Gang, not sure what the weather holds ty, it's supposed to be getting better, I hope it dries enough to mow before Brady goes to his Dads house.
I am thinkin Cowboy Breakfast this morning, tho I am sure my Dr will not like it ;) Oh Well. I so rarely get to eat a real meal anymore, I enjoy when I do. We were given a big chunk of Salmon, gonna grill that later on :)
Have a great Day

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The Stool:

Well Here it is in all of its glory soon to be at the feet of my kids.

This was a fun project it took about six hours not including the paint work.

I'll never be a carpenter by trade. :funny:

·
Retired Wanderer
17,195 Posts
Salmon sounds good Doug.

I am taking Cynthia to her favorite hoity toity place for our 2nd anniversary.

Today is a little bit of work in the garage, then getting dragged by my ear to the symphony. I would prefer once a decade, but am not given that option.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts