The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mawnin’, TRT!

Coffee is ready, and I have fluffy plain pancakes or fluffy PB pancakes being kept warm for you. VT maple syrup is heated too.

Jeff - The experience of King a bath is quite a work out. Eek! But both of you seem to have the process all worked out.:dance:

Yeah for not falling off the ladder yesterday. That’s a big plus. Hooe you can get those super duper gutters soon!

It has been my goal for a very a long time to sell my house and move to a retirement community. The one I want to move to is the one where Mom and Dad lived for decades. It’s two miles from where I live now. I’ve been on the waiting list since August of 2019. My number is getting closer... I even got a call about 3 weeks ag asking if I’m ready to move! No, not yet. But now I’m in the “gotta get the house ready to sell” mode.
I know that this would not be the right choice for you guys, but it’s right for me. I’ll have an apartment that is a little smaller than my house.
More later. I’m so excited!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,765 Posts
Top of the morning Cath, and all our Friends swinging by today.... HAPPY SUNDAY! I understand the great news Cath on rising up 'THAT list'..... Pop went through THAT process, and He/We couldn't have been more thrilled for what that meant to Him. So many less worries and cares, so He could concentrate on the more important things in His life..... FISHING!

Thanks for the grub starters..... We'll fresh'n up the coffee, and by unanimous vote..... Fried Cackle Fruit, fatty-thick sliced Hickory smoked bacon, toast, both white and honey wheat with an assortment of jellies, ohhhh, and OJ lie in our near future.

The 'rainy day' we were promised seemed to have been postponed till this evening, leaving us with a sunny/P.cloudy WINDY day..... so outside something or another's have been put back on the option board.

Grooviness n peace to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,294 Posts
Good Morning Cath and Hack, stragglers, sneaking in. Low cloud cover, like fog but clear air under the layer. It was 52F over night low, humidity is through the roof so rain is acoming.
Back to work, starting tomorrow Governors new "protective order" takes affect. Need to pow wow with bosses about compliance, other than that survive the day is top of my list
Have a great Sunday

·
16,765 Posts
WOW..... the flood gates are open! There's 3 of Us now!

Talking about cravings that pop up out of left field.....("Let's make it 'right field' instead so I don't get sued for political affiliations from the other side of the aisle. ") ..... I'm having a Bologna + cheese sandwich with a frosted bottle of Miller Lite. Haven't had either of them in a, oooooops, long time!:D

Weekly shopping done and didn't even go within shouting distance of HellMart.

I'M BACK..... had a minor pause for stuff

Uhhhhh, lost my train of thought, so grooviness,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, Hack and Doug.:wavey:

Cackle fruit! You haven't put that on the table in a long time. Wish there were leftovers, ;)

Did you put potato chips in that bologna sandwich?

Thanks for the thumbs up on my retirement community plans.

Good Morning Cath and Hack, stragglers, sneaking in. Low cloud cover, like fog but clear air under the layer. It was 52F over night low, humidity is through the roof so rain is acoming.
Back to work, starting tomorrow Governors new "protective order" takes affect. Need to pow wow with bosses about compliance, other than that survive the day is top of my list
Have a great Sunday
Yup, compliance can be tricky, and employees get the brunt of it.
Hope your day goes well.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Wow massive winds out there.

Cath hope you get in to your new digs.

Our cable and internet is out. Must be a cable line down somewhere.

Going back to bed to get ready for my third 12 hour mid shift.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Make that power out as well.

·
16,765 Posts
Hope this sounds a wee more coherent.

Nearing on T-2 hours with the Crew-1 Mission if'n anyone wants to watch.

'Pasta a-la Jen' for dinner, as well as Cherry pie for desert.

Yeah Perry THAT weather is moving in around here..... no rain yet, but winds are knocking.

Loads of good stuff to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,294 Posts
Evening all, survived a hectic (crisis wise) but slow day ($wise) about -$500 typical but it is really steady rain and wind gust, short of a frog strangler but not fun to be in or work outside( gas and propane).
It appears I have developed Bursitis on right elbow, so I need to deal with that, till I can get into Dr or Urgent Care. I will call her and describe, see if she wants me to go in for xrays (overkill) Ice/heat anti inflams and a supportive wrap should do it.
Need to get in and back for Liftoff. Will check in later

·
Retired Wanderer
17,359 Posts
Made it to work a couple of hours early. Wanted to navigate through downed lines, trees and poles during daylight.

Good chance to get a little maintenance in. On the third night of 12’s operators forget stuff or get frustrated due to fatigue.

I’ll get the generator hooked up to the freezer and fridge in the morning after work if power is still gone.

·
16,765 Posts
Fingers crossed the power will return shortly for you folks over there. And agree an early travel time is much better than bobbing and weaving around fallen debris.

Doug I understand the aches n pains that I refer to as 'background radiation'.....always there, and only notice or acknowledge them when they bounce above THAT level. BUMPS, BRUISES, CUTS n SCRAPES, 'TWISTED JOINTS', DISLOCATIONS, JAMMED or SMASHED FINGERS n TOES, and BAD ATTITUDES are all there just off stage..... hot showers, ICEY-HOT and IBpropin(sp), help most, and booze seems to be the fix others prefer. Right now this Cherry pie seems to make me smile.

Sounds STORMY out there.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
27,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good evening, guys!

Yes indeedy, you in the Mod-Atlantic northern mid-west and in OR have some dramatic weather going on! Holy cow, hang onto your hat and girdle. ;) No, wait. Just hold on to your hats!

Perry - Wise choice on driving into work in the daylight.

Hack - Sounds like a fun evening of movies and dessert for your troops.

I’m going to watch the first episode of season 4 of The Crown tonight. I love watching stuff about the British Monarchy.

Have a good evening and stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
22,281 Posts
Evening all,

Cath, hope your timeline with current home and new digs pair up seamlessly. It’ll happen 😉

Well, the firewood guy that I’ve been trying to get over here to deliver the goods,,, bailed on me once again this morning,,,, looked on FB Marketplace for another seller, found one 5 minutes away , and when asked if he had firewood available ( wanting a cord worth) , he said “yes sir ( the sir part sold me from the git-go , heheh) when do you want it?” Told him jokingly “ASAP, But whenever works for you I’m fine with “ he came back with “today ok?” Why YES it is !
Texted me when he was heading out , offloaded it and done and done 👍🏼. Have not broken the news to the other guy,,, but will happen.

Stacking firewood is on tomorrow’s docket of course,,,, hopefully the 60MPH sideways winds lessen by then ,,, geez it was NOT a day to be outside if it could be avoided.

Hot shower then comfy chair time,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Administrator
47,294 Posts
Fingers crossed the power will return shortly for you folks over there. And agree an early travel time is much better than bobbing and weaving around fallen debris.

Doug I understand the aches n pains that I refer to as 'background radiation'.....always there, and only notice or acknowledge them when they bounce above THAT level. BUMPS, BRUISES, CUTS n SCRAPES, 'TWISTED JOINTS', DISLOCATIONS, JAMMED or SMASHED FINGERS n TOES, and BAD ATTITUDES are all there just off stage..... hot showers, ICEY-HOT and IBpropin(sp), help most, and booze seems to be the fix others prefer. Right now this Cherry pie seems to make me smile.

Sounds STORMY out there.
Hack
Pain is my friend, it reminds me I am alive in spite of my self. Gonna ice the elbow, then heat, had night dose of Ibu chased with medical ethanolajuana (CBD tincture) Night all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts