The Reef Tank banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone.

Time to work on the car today. Yesterday figured out the dryer issue and fixed the door release switch in Sharon's Caddy.

Nice to have a three day weekend to get the garage in order.

Coffee is on. Enjoy the day!

Reactions: hackshobby

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good nawnin’, Perry and all of TRT!

thanks for the coffee, Perry! Scrambled eggs with cheese and biscuits, bananas and peaches are on the training table. Good thing about TRT scrambled eggs, they always taste absolutely fresh and not hard and dry.

Perry Enjoy your day working on Sharon’s Caddy and the garage.

I did not hear my alarm this morning! And I overslept, which I haven’t done in years. I better get going.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cath why do you have an alarm?

Sharon's 140 lb dog is my alarm. Going to get a DNA test done (yes, that exists), but he looks mostly American Bulldog to me. She is standing by Rottie and Lab mix. He doesn't care about a ball, so only one way to figure this out.

Rainy morning here. We live right next to Lake Erie, so the yard is swampland sort of like Florida but backwards.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Top of the morning Perry and Cath.....and to the rest of us late risers this fine morning.....HAPPY SUNDAY!

Jen kept me up late last night/morning(1:30a) watching movies, so just now getting moving....SLOWLY!
Breakfast will be out there in this delightful fresh air and sunshine on the grill.....eggs 'as requested', pancakes and sausages and a jug of OJ. Coffee is up now to tie us over till then....probably an hour out yet.

Though I have had 2 days off so far due to being sick, they have been a 'blur' and accomplished nothing. So today, feeling a wee stronger, I have a huge list in my mind that falls from my lips on occasion round here about THINGS on my PLANS LIST. Ain't realistic since all my strength ain't back yet, and soooooo many things on THAT LIST....but nice to feel like thinking of options.

Well time to go let this coffee work it's magic and get this body moving
Swell thoughts to All,
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Yeah Bro.....'alarm clocks' are for those that don't have dogs.....or I guess 'lazy dogs' that like to sleep in and NOT WAKE their parents up early. Never had me one of those kind though. 😁
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have core work hours of 6:30 to 3:30 approved. It will bit me when stuff happens, but nice on slower days.

Can't sleep in. It is in my DNA.

Reactions: VWD

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Can't sleep in. It is in my DNA.
We'll be ignoring the fact 'I slept in' this morning, but YES......my internal alarm clock' won't allow me to while the morning away in bed.....eyes annoyingly pop wide open around 5a even on my days off. :rolleyes:
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning everyone,
Another pot of coffee is brewing.
More rain today, we received about 3 inches yesterday in our area.
Nit sure the plans for today. All I know is got to go to tractor supply for dog food.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
.....UP DATE.....

Pleasant PLAN-type day falling into place nicely, as though we never skipped a beat. Breakfast on the grill was delightful....bacon, and western egg omelets, taylor pork roll got the bellies full right out of the start gate.

There'll be yard guitar picking and pool splashing to rule the day........no company (expected) today, and day full of relaxation, but we have the Sams joining us tomorrow, so making THAT our shindig day....hmmmmm :unsure:....will feel like a holiday! :cool:

Looks like we have potential Vinnie for some rain heading this way come the beginning of the week, Tuesday on. Don't know if'n there's a 'system' out there and we share this....I know Cath mentioned something about something yesterday?

Let sunshine n laughter reine,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good afternoon, guys!

Perry, you asked the same question my oldest brother asked me when I retired.. Why do I need an alarm? Just wake up.

When I went to the vet last week, I saw a beautiful small dog that looked mostly like a terrier . It had a mottled silvery kind of smooth coat, short hair, with cute small ears with tips that folded over a bit. They had their dog’s DNA checked, and the primary dog was a beagle. That dog did not look like anything like a beagle.

Yeah Bro.....'alarm clocks' are for those that don't have dogs.....or I guess 'lazy dogs' that like to sleep in and NOT WAKE their parents up early. Never had me one of those kind though. 😁
Hack
Hahaha! Funny you should say that, Hack. Sophie is the one to usually wake me up before my alarm goes off. This morning she must’ve realized that I was sound asleep, which I was, and she didn’t try to wake me up. Sophie is a good wake up cat.

In regards to tropical storm Earl…. Who knows what he’ll do. Looks like he is right at Puerto Rico, but looks like Earl is turning away from the US. But, from a map that I saw, it looks like must’ve the Eastern United States is gonna have rain tomorrow.

Brown Textile Sleeve Font Creative arts

Photo I took last week of Sophie taking a late night snooze.

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Oops, I forgot to include Doug and Vinnie on this.

Doug - Hope your shift with the new woman at work goes well.

Vinnie, how are you feeling today? Any remnants from the cold you got from Cooper?

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Yeah Cath I found myself with an unclaimed second today so looked at the weather map.....the 2 named storms in the Atlantic look like they'll remain maritime events. What we are looking at is that stuff Y'All have down South pushing this way through the beginning of our week.

Just finished frying 100+ pieces of Chicken .....Now put a PIN in that...

Our Kids that we're on baby watch with felt is was a good idea to buy us a 'Roomba'(sp?). Set it up for us, and ran a demo.....WITCHCRAFT I tell Ya. I am a simple man and quite content with my clay tablets n chisels, eggs that still come in shells, milk that comes from animals we EXPECT MILK TO COME FROM, quite happy with 2 options when choosing which door to go through to find relief, and corn brooms for sweeping floors.

BUT, we're are also big advocates for NOT BLOCKING OTHER'S BLESSINGS. So we now are the proud parents of an intelligent floor sweeper.
'How does it work?'........We will now continue with that pin we put in that earlier sentence.

It works as well as Hack, ....NAH, but it does work good. That bucket of Fried Chicken I was cooking up disappeared, and the wiff of it lead me straight to Hack's cave....'WHAT?' :unsure: Ya know that's for All of us including the Sams tomorrow. 'Yeah I now.....you still had more in the frying pan.' YEAH, 7 pieces! 'See?'😁 Well I guess since he put it that way, he was 'sharing'. :rolleyes:

If you're lucky there's Fried Chicken n Hushpuppies, and hot dogs for dinner this evening.....good old fashioned carnival fare. High hopes of a bonfire and music making round the cool evening's fire to continue the relaxation model.

Peace, and hope all find as many things to giggle about in their lives as we do round here..,,,,THAT'S PRICELESS,
Hack

1 - 15 of 15 Posts