The Reef Tank banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am truely amazed how beautiful this coral is! I have never seen a coral that can eat as much as this one does!:eek:

Attachments

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
What are you feeding yours? Mine doesn't seem to want to eat.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Jeremey!

When I first got this coral it would not open to eat and then I found out if you use a turkey baster and kind of let some juices from what ever food your using(I use frozen mysis shrimp and home made mush) flow over the polyp then they will start to open up!

I found out the more you feed them the more they will open up and are really pigs too! They are more apt to produce buds if fed more frequently which is what I am hoping for! HTH;)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone! I love the color this coral brings to the tank!:)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This shot was taken during the day but it opens whenever it feels like it! Like I said if you feed it heavily it opens more often!!:)

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Mine doesn't have any problems in opening..it will stand tall and proud, and I do use the baster. But when the food catches on it's tenticles... nothing...it doesn't close up anymore around the food. It just sits there. When I come back later, the food is still in the cup. I even used tweezers and zooplankton and hand delievered food to each polyp and nothing. :(

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doug it actually was on this piece of LR which came with an orange sponge and that was the main reason I purchased the LR.

It has a hard base with the skin over it! I believe it is Tubastrea aurea(golden cup coral). It demands heavy feeding and adequate water motion. :)

And no it is not a frag!;)

·
Administrator
49,218 Posts
Kewl, a baby tubestrea on a rock, hope you paid rock price for it :D
Just wanted to confirm, not that i doubt but that pics definatly headed to the archives :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cool Doug I have an archive pic!!;) Oh this is my 6,000th post by the way! I talk to much!:beer:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.