The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about how great everyone is here and how much help I have gotten.

I have been thinking lately about how easy my set up and start up and stocking has gone. In the past I would have to fight with algae for the first 4 months only to have to fight with it more in the following months and it usually took a year before my systems would be stable enough to look this good. I have set up around 15 different systems and each time I would start one it would only go slightly better than the previous system went. This time it has gone so smoothly that I can't even think of any problems I had (unless I read my build thread).

I could sit here and try to specifically thank everyone that directly helped me with this but the list is too long, not to mention the countless people that have helped me that don't even know they have.

So, I would just like to thank all of TRT for your help and support in making this hobby much less difficult, stressful and costly. Everyone give theirselves a pat on the back (even you Gee-Off).

·
11,345 Posts
Well said.

I can very much say the same thing...........you can read all you want on the internet or in books............but when it comes down to it. Personal experiences shared by people who genuinely want to help and have no problem giving you everything they know is where the learning is to be had.

·
Registered
616 Posts
:thumbup: Me too! I've only been in the hobby for three and a half months and I must say my tank is doing great because of you guys. Thank you all very much!:fish:

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
I wouldn't be where I am today if I didn't have all of you! :D

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
Hear, Hear!! Now where's the beer :cheers: I know my tank looks as good as it does because of things I learned from others....certainly isn't a result of MOST LFS advice :rolleyes:

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
No you guys can't have my Bud-Light!!

hahaha

j/k...this site is truly incredible. Just wanted to chime in with thanks as well. I think I've learned MORE information in the year I've been on this site, than I did my whole 5 years in college. And I think I enjoyed it more too! Well, 'cept for the fact that we don't have NEARLY enough Keg'ers here.

But other than that...TRT rocks!!

·
Cabana Boy
2,070 Posts
Ive read a couple of books, as I recommend it to most people, but it doesnt compare to the amount of knowledge thats on here. Theres a lot of tricks to the trade that really isnt explained in detail and forget about getting info from your lfs. It will leave you with a bigger headache than what you started with. But I would like to thank everyone that has helped me with the questions I have had. I used to read the board and never really get envolved, but now I feel more confident and actually try to help others that may need help with something that I might have gone through.

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hope that some time down the road I will be part of the pack being thunked for helping out.

:beer: Keg'er at Skeety's!!!!!:beer:

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have to say, this is a great community of fellow reefers.. I went to reef central 1st and tried to get help to no avail.. I said that I had been out of the hobby for a while while I moved and got married, and settled... my I was getting bored of my 40 gal also.. so finally one comment which basically said "you're not going to get any help here seeing as though you loved your wife more than your tank" .. yadda..

so that was that.. I registered here and got help right away.. people have been very friendly and open about helping and chatting about all things reef. pretty cool! I used to visit hardforums every day to feed the tech-geek in me.. now I have been spening most of my forum surfing right here. Seems like a good mix of peeps of all ages and all walks of life. I am glad I landed here. :)

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
Yeah this is a great site, it is so nice not to get flamed just because your idea differs a little from the next guy.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
My house would now look like dynimite went off if I hadnt decided to join trt
I would be swimming in my basment

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
I to have learned a ton here!

Plus everyone is more than eager to help!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
This Place is great. I would of been fedup with my tank by now. I can't belive the amout of knowledge here.

BTW skeety college is not for learning (at least book learning) :beer:

Thanks Everybody for the Help along the way.

Fred

1 - 20 of 22 Posts