The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<TABLE id=post24116710 class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center border=0> <TBODY> <TR vAlign=top> <TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid" width=175>

</TD> <TD id=td_post_24116710 class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid"> <HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --> I'm building a sump/refugium from a 30 gal tank, its 36" long by 15" high. I'm trying figure the height of the various baffles. My first 2 baffles will be over/ under, followed b a 4" baffle coming off the bottom (for bubble control). That will make the intake chamber. Next the refugium, followed by 3 more baffles to form the return chamber Those 3 baffles will be over/ under and then another 4 " baffle coming up from the bottom. So I need to know how tall each baffle should be. I'm planning to set the baffles which allow water to flow under them to be 1.5" off the bottom. I hope this makes sense

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

·
Officer Tang
822 Posts
It's very difficult to follow without some sort of schematic. Can you draw a rudimentary schematic for us to look at?

·
Officer Tang
822 Posts
Just scratch something on a piece of paper and take a picture. It doesnt have to look pretty, just something to help us follow your description. Up to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts