The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to do the sump this weekend i talked about before........i went and looked at a 29 gallon tank today and **** its big.........but my main question is you guys told me to put baffles in it...........what the he** is that someone explain the process to me.........also the overflow i am getting by tidalpool (like the wet/dry) does up to 600 gph..........now i have a 45 gallon reef tank.........if i do a mag drive that even does 500 gph that will be like a freaking tidalwave in my tank for the return..........do i need a pump that big

:confused:

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
Well, the sump is a good thing, The Tidal wave is ok, Not the best overflow boxe, But will do, as far as the pump and the return, I would do a return line out of pump to a tee, Then place a line back to the sump and one to the tank, put ball valves on both of the lines , You will be able to fine tune the return, and can if need be return some of the water to the sump..

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Good info from Vince. The ball-valve on the plumbin will make the flow adjustable.

Just wanted to add that it won't be as much flow as you think. Since the Mag will be in the sump (3 or 4 feet below the tank) the head loss (pressure from gravity/friction) will reduce the flow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts