The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I was planning on buying a 40 gallon breeder for a sump on my new 75g. But I am such a novice, it's not even funny..Anyway, how should I go about doing this? According to Marineland (my tank brand), the standard tanks only have tempered glass on the bottom.

How big should the holes be? How many holes should I drill? Where should the holes be located? How much flow should I have? What return pump should I have? What pluming equipment do I need?

I only really want a baffle for my HOB protein skimmer and a bubble trap possibly.

Would anyone be kind enough to give me some 40g breeder sump designs?
Thanks

Corey

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I forgot to mention that I will be going to a glass shop.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just can't find anything on drilling :confused:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
diamond hole saw run the water hose on it while u slowly ever so slowly drill into the glass
I was going to get a glass shop to do that..they do that right? How many holes should I drill and where should they be located?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What would I want for my 75g though? I am probably using my 55g as a sump. I will probably buy a Mag-Drive. Thanks

Corey

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anymore feedback? I want to get this thing running;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does location make a difference? So..would a 75g tank with two 1" inch holes going down to a 55g sump with a Mag 9.5 return sound good?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I'm using a mag 9.5 for my 75 gallon.

plenty of utube videos on drilling.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts