The Reef Tank banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to drill for a one inch bulkhead, meaning the PVC is one inch. What sixe hole do I need to drill? I need to oreder the drill but I do not know what size.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
every manufacturer of bulkhead has a different size hole needed for the bulkhead. i know it sounds strange, but it is true. it also matters whether it is a sch 40 or sch 80 bulkhead. it is better to get the bulkhead first than the hole saw. most of the places that sell bulkheads also sell the correct hole saws.

G~

·
Registered
59 Posts
For a standard sch 40 bulhead I used a 45mm diomond hole saw for an ebay vendor. Worked great. I drilled a total of 10 holes in my 92 corner for a closed loop and it worked like a charm. Let me know if you want a link for the hole saws. By the way they are dirt cheap!!!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Geoff said:
every manufacturer of bulkhead has a different size hole needed for the bulkhead. i know it sounds strange, but it is true. it also matters whether it is a sch 40 or sch 80 bulkhead. it is better to get the bulkhead first than the hole saw. most of the places that sell bulkheads also sell the correct hole saws.

G~
so there.:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts