The Reef Tank banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
19,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
What's happening in the 'When you get home dept.' Rick? Sharing the great outdoors with folks today?

My big tasks for the day have been completed.....Acme trip, and vacuuming the pool, and of course vigorous TESTING to make sure it feels OK for company.
Chomping on some Frosted Blueberry Pop Tarts at the moment.....breakfast n lunch, before I HAVE TO go back out and make sure the pool still feels groovy. 98F heading to HOT for the rest of the day.

Produce, particularly corn and tomatoes have been less than inspiring at the local stores for a while, and 'locally grown'......seem to be running a little late. Pole Beans and cucumbers as well as summer potatoes.....ehhhhh, no thanks. COME ONE FOLKS......summer is ticking past, let's get to it!

Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,584 Posts
Well Hack, I do know there are some steaks marinating and my youngest son is down for a few days. I will be introducing the steaks to some flames later. I want to get the new to me tank washed out and a closer look at it. It is all hanging on if we get a thunderstorm or not. We have a storm watch on the go at the moment. A dip in the pool is also a possibility. I am doing some very scientific research on if beer tastes better in the pool or under the gazebo. It is a long term study. I am thinking on gathering data in the pool today.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,329 Posts
Good afternoon all,
Just kicking back for the day now, I rode the mower over to Jacob’s and Gabi’s and mowed, the grass was wet but needed it. Did mine yesterday.
Then came back and did water change in reef. Did the seahorse tank water change yesterday.
I’ll probably take a short nap sometime today.
Making up another batch of water to do a few more water changes.

·
Administrator
19,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Got my 'Sweet Beans' on the grill smoking, and guests ain't be too far out.
Between dips, yard 'putzing', been wiping the dust off the 6-string......who knows, maybe someone will make me famous if'n they got a camera. :unsure: 😁

Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,373 Posts
Oh no this site is acting up. Happy Birthday Cathy 🎉🎁🎊🎈🎂 Hope it’s as good as that cake looks ( great baking Hack!) Cathy I hope your weather is better then our heatwave. Enjoy!
George!! It’s always a treat to see you here! Thanks for your birthday wishes. Please have some cake.

Morning everyone. Recovering from getting my butt fired. I stuck up for a black dude that had every racist joke in the world thrown at him, and I had to deal with a punk kid that threw stuff with non stop F bombs while I was trying to fabricate something in the machine shop.

Being an OFR, I got a new job two days later. Now I work in HVAC and fix hot tubs. The owner bought an old church with a school attached and we are going to transform the gym into kind of a concert venue. He is also putting in a coffee shop. So far, the best job I ever had.

Enjoy your day. Lot of folks in the forum today.
Perry, I am horrified at the behavior of the so-and-so that hurled such bad language to that black employee. It would also be wrong if that happened to somebody that was in LGBTQ+ community. It is just plain wrong. That person ought to be written up, or better yet, fired. A hostile environment is not acceptable.

Happy Birthday to the birthday lady?

29 today?
How kind. I am proud of every gray hair on my head. I’m closer to Doug’s age.

Vinnie - I am so proud of you being on that show! You will do a great job. Talk about what you love, and it comes off fine. Plus we are the only one that has Fry Daddy in our midst!

Just in case none of you have peaked on the birthday thread, I tested positive for Covid today. Great birthday present, eh?

·
Administrator
49,206 Posts
Afternoon All, off wotk, it is only 96 out, tomorrow it gets HOT for the rest of the week. Gonna take pup to the creek, Just turned on ac so it need a bit to cool off. More later

·
Administrator
49,206 Posts
GACK Cath I missed the covid thing, hopefully it is a mild case and passes quickly. Can you get monoclonal meds or is that just for the rich and impotent?

·
Super Moderator
28,373 Posts
Thanks, Rick!

Answer your question about Austrian food, one of the things is Viener schnitzel, what’s the time of veggie, I don’t need that anymore. I got Quattro salad with typical southern Germany and Austrian potato salad, tomato salad, cucumber salad and cabbage salad. I also got schpätzle, and shared Apfel Schtrudel with Bobbi

Here’s the website:

·
Administrator
49,206 Posts
Interesting menu Cath, its been over 60 yes since I spent time in Germany as a kid on Army bases so I am not real familiar with a lot of specific Euro cooking. Pasingly familiar with vatious meat dishes but given the devastation after the war it is not surprising that there are a lot of meatless options developed, then refined as Vegatarian diets became more popular. I have fried rice and tempura veggies as well as a little tempura chicken on menu tonite. Dipped and fried (I know) thing slice chicken, zuccini, carrot and mushrooms.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,681 Posts
Top of the morning George!

I hope 'acting up' as in the sense of our community's sense of humor, and NOT real issues? And YES, there's a wicked 'heat wave' round here.
Hack
Well I typed a long post and it erase it! Your pool water temp must be high,hay if your pool is saltwater you could put some fish like clownfish in it!

·
Super Moderator
22,707 Posts
Evening all,
Cool on the new gig Perry , hope it morphs into something that works for you.
Big rains showed up again today,, nothing crazy but up there on the rain/storm scale.

My old dude Doxie Buddy, passed away today 😢, he was “off” this morning and kinda chalked it up to weather or a old dude day. Cleaned the gutters and other outdoor stuff in the morning, and came in at noon , for my meds and to let the dogs out. Buddy was crashed on his heated pad so I let him sleep. He did not bother getting up for grub,,, so I figured I’d try later . Came in for the day and he was still crashed on his pad. Continued to check on him from my recliner and figured I would bring him along with Max in the morning when he had his vet appt.
A short time later, Dexter , my little Doxie walked over to Buddy and looked up at me ,,, I checked Buddy and he was gone 😢. He crossed the rainbow bridge at home, with myself and his brothers❤. He was 17 yrs old and been here for 10-12 yrs. I would like to think he had a loving , good run here , since I grabbed him from a shelter as a no name/stray. Blyth had said “no more dogs” when I shown her a pic of another dog in need,,, And she said “ I would be cool with giving a white faced old dude/dudette a forever home in their golden years”
I saw Buddy’s pic ( below) soon after and one morning I rescheduled a physical therapy appt ( post 2nd spinal fusion surgery) and told Blyth when she got home from her midnite shirt in the ER , that I was
going to get this fella,, playing the “white faced senior dude” card Blyth played 😉❤.
I named him Buddy since that is what I called him when he first came here,,, it fit.
Buddy would bark and run/bounce the best he could ( he had lost use of his back legs a few years in, and cold laser therapy fixed him up 90% to his old self) at King the GSD outside , sometime his barking irked me , and Blyth would say “you are gonna miss Buddy barking one day” ,,, dang if she wasn’t right❤. , I miss him big time already .
Now Blyth has one of the pack with her❤,,,
Buddy’s heated pad is off in reverence to him .

it’ll be weird not having Buddy around , but would like to think I/we gave him the best forever home possible, during the time he was with us.

Hope everyone had a great day
Dog Carnivore Collar Dog breed Fawn

21 - 40 of 43 Posts