The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......Time to wakie wakie to enjoy a new day!

Top of a beautiful morning and a BIG HAPPY SUNDAY! Another 'tickling' 100F day bathed in sunshine, and nile to obscure breeze......STAY COOL!

A relaxing morning coffee, thou when Vinnie says it it sounds even more relaxing and convincing.
We require a small 'replenishment' run this morning before this afternoon's rinse n repeat from yesterday's gathering. I think there was 10 of us yesterday, and today another 2 Families will be joining us.......and then there's always the ....
Eye Beard Gesture Font Wood

.....so there needs to always be extra.

Surely hope Everyone has a vastly agreeable day,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,555 Posts
Morning Hack! Yes, once any kind of protien hits the grill you will get fence puppets popping up around the perimeter - "Hey what ya cookin there? Smells great!"

Been scarce last couple days, a ton of stuff going on & just plain busy. Back at work now so I can rest!

I found a 120G (48x24x24) reef tank, the stand, and a 30" acrylic sump for $300.00. Was a couple hours a away but even with the fuel it wasa fantastic deal. That would have been $1500.00 new. The stand could use a quick coat of paint but is solid. The tank looks to be well sealed but has been sitting dry for a year. I will strip it and reseal it so I don't have any (well, less chance of) issues once set up.

I got a ton of questions now so debating if I should start a new thread. I think so. That should pop up shortly.

Have a spiffy day!

·
Super Moderator
28,337 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Hack! We can start of the day with a new batch of fresh local peaches huge muffins! We need a sweet kilker, though so I’m going to suggest omelettes anyway you like ‘em!

Hack, your new set up for the large gathering of folks is fantastic! That photo that you posted with some sort of Big Foot look-alike, but was really Nate, sure got me! Well, maybe Nate has big feet anyway.

Rick, good deal on the new tank you bought! I look forward to hearing and seeing more about it. I know you’ll have fun with making it yours!

We had a good time at the Austrian restaurant last night, and ate way too much. The air conditioning was out in the portion of the restaurant where we were sitting, but we didn’t care.
Our temps will be in the mid 90s today. Throughout most of the week will have a chance of rain, and I hope it turns out that way. We really need it.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THAT'S FANTASTIC RICK!

That'll be a great set up. Sitting dry for a year shouldn't necessarily mean doom n gloom IF everything 'looks' righteous. My 210 had been sitting 3+ years when I acquired it, but had been setting flat on it's stand the whole time, and handled carefully. Looking forward to this new walk Pal.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well Nathanael is sporting 14-WIDE feet at 16 YO......And in the 'shaded image' struck THAT THOUGHT in my head.
OH, and Doug SLAMMED it last night.....
It looks like we have a confirmed Hacksquash sighting, love the outdoor area Hack.
Hack, your new set up for the large gathering of folks is fantastic! That photo that you posted with some sort of Big Foot look-alike, but was really Nate, sure got me! Well, maybe Nate has big feet anyway.
THAT was hilarious Doug! (y) :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nate is accruing quite a handful on monikers for His age.....
Hack, (the fella formerly known as 'little Hack'), Wolfman Hack, Count Hack'ula(due to his fondness of 'night shift'), Vlad Hack(see previous), and of course Big Foot, and now thanks to Doug, Hacksquash......:ROFLMAO:
Hack
("Oooooops, ME Hack, not Him Hack")

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,255 Posts
Good morning everyone,

Happy Birthday Cath!!!!

Rick you will love the 120 gallon tank.

I’m sitting out on the patio drinking my cup of coffee.

I woke up today and check my messages and got one from Kelly the founder and host of seahorse whisper. She does a weekly show called Wine Wednesdays. She has guess like Dan from seahorse source, Chad from Reef Nutrition, Ray or better know as Ray jay who we all know from years back here In TRT. And other guess. Well I have been invited on the show to speak on my experience over the years in the hobby and my seahorses. At first I thought no way as I’m not a great speaker. But Kristine thinks I should do it.

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HEY VINNIE! Good morning Pal.........tried to get the 'feel' of your morning 'quiet' routine, but couldn't quite translate it to a picture. But still sat in the cool'ER morning sun rising 80F, and listened to the birds and nature chattering with my cup of joe.

THAT would be awesome Vinnie.....another TRT celebrity, like Paul, and Ray. Only the 'conceited' would think instantly 'the world needs to see me on camera', but the truly worthy after some thought will think, 'Maybe I can help/further/SHARE our hobby.'. I think you'd be a natural Vinnie.....hope THIS happens.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,255 Posts
HEY VINNIE! Good morning Pal.........tried to get the 'feel' of your morning 'quiet' routine, but couldn't quite translate it to a picture. But still sat in the cool'ER morning sun rising 80F, and listened to the birds and nature chattering with my cup of joe.

THAT would be awesome Vinnie.....another TRT celebrity, like Paul, and Ray. Only the 'conceited' would think instantly 'the world needs to see me on camera', but the truly worthy after some thought will think, 'Maybe I can help/further/SHARE our hobby.'. I think you'd be a natural Vinnie.....hope THIS happens.
Hack
It’s going to happen, we will discuss it later today. It looks like Wednesday this week.

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh no this site is acting up. Happy Birthday Cathy 🎉🎁🎊🎈🎂 Hope it’s as good as that cake looks ( great baking Hack!) Cathy I hope your weather is better then our heatwave. Enjoy!
Top of the morning George!

I hope 'acting up' as in the sense of our community's sense of humor, and NOT real issues? And YES, there's a wicked 'heat wave' round here.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WOW.....that's 'drag racing' fast Vinnie! :oops:
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,673 Posts
Morning everyone. Recovering from getting my butt fired. I stuck up for a black dude that had every racist joke in the world thrown at him, and I had to deal with a punk kid that threw stuff with non stop F bombs while I was trying to fabricate something in the machine shop.

Being an OFR, I got a new job two days later. Now I work in HVAC and fix hot tubs. The owner bought an old church with a school attached and we are going to transform the gym into kind of a concert venue. He is also putting in a coffee shop. So far, the best job I ever had.

Enjoy your day. Lot of folks in the forum today.

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HEY PERRY.......Hi Bro!

EXCELLENT reason reason to way anchor and wave good by with the appropriate finger, and a clear image of where to kiss.:cool:

Sounds like a perfect time to enter that new gig as well.....ALL THE BEST!
Hack

·
Administrator
19,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
.....ohhhh, I really gotta get off my lazy butt and get a move on. SOOOOOOOO MUCH that doesn't need to be done, and sooooooo little time to accomplish nothing.
Hack
:eek: :cool:

·
Administrator
49,096 Posts
Good mornin everyone, deliciously cool this am heading to just shy of 100f.. gonn9a be0 miserable in jeans but I got a little. Over solared on river so I don't want to much sun just yet.
Perry good on you for taking the moral high ground, hope your new gig works out. I can't stand hateful bs like that
Rick fun times on new tank, good score. Just a thought from pics. Don't leave sump unsupported on saw n[rse very long acrylic will droop over time is not completely supported across bottom.
Happy burfday Cath.
Hack glad you like the name :) . Off to work in a few, gonna see if Sketchers live up to the hype

·
Retired Wanderer
17,673 Posts
Thanks Hack and Doug. There are minor cringe moments, but these were over the top. I would do it again.

My new gig is facing customers ten times a day. It requires being professional, clean cut and being just nice. Right up my alley. The big problem is that it is hard to fill the pipeline with nice folks that want to learn. This is the reason my boss is working with the school system to grow kids for trades.

Off to collect a check. While I finished an exes basement, her family was on a ten day vacation in the Swiss Alps.

Reactions: cath and hackshobby

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,555 Posts
Wow, busy in here this morning. Let's see, Perry, George, Vinnie, Doug, and of course the birthday girl.

Doug I will be emptying the sump tonight and putting it into the stand again. The tank has to be off as it goes in from the top. I need to start measuring and planning out plumbing.

Congratulations Vinnie! Outstanding news. Glad the Fry Daddy is getting the recognition he deserves. Very exciting.

Perry glad you found a gig. In my books had I not been fired I would have quit. I'm not a guy who has to be right about things but I am a guy that has to do the right things. I believe youare as well.

Hey George! Good to see you Sir!

Cath I don't recall ever eating in an Austrian restaurant. What is your go to Austrian dish?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts