The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be taking down my 90 FO and moving my 75 reef in. I will build a REALLY big stand so I can use the 75 under the 90 as a refugium/frag growout/remote sandbed, in addition a 40 g breeder will be used as a sump. The 2 things I need some suggestions for are the new skimmer and lights.
1) I am currently only using a remora on the 75 which I will sell off, so I am looking at either an ETSS or Euroreef. WHat do you think will be the best skimmer for this system without getting into something that needs a pressure pump?
2) My lighting for the 75 currently consisty of 2-250MH iwaskis + 2-110 actinic. I have recently used an old ushio on one side of the tank and like it better than the iwaski in color and even growth. So, I want to get more blue in there. I was thinking maybe getting an additional 2-400 radiums on a pulse start ballast to run with the 250 iwaskis, or getting another 2 lamp probe start ballast to run some 250 XMs+iwaskis, then use the VHO on the 75. I am concerned with both color and growth for especially sps, what would be a good combination?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mike,

I am using a Euroreef CS6-2 on my 90 w/40 sump and it works great !! It is rated for up to 300 gals, and pulls a lot out of my tank. You could even get the 8-2. It is a little wider but still has the 24" height. Just my humble opinion........

HTH

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.