The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone. Coffee is on.

Feeling better today. Nothing long lasting from my tow motor bump yesterday, just feeling it some and a little gimpy.

Got a new printer and front brakes to do today. Also my tires need a rotation. I finally got a second small rolling floor jack to make this easy peasy..

Nice weather this weekend! Enjoy the day.

·
Super Moderator
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
1,646 Posts
Mornin Perry. I thought it was Hack bumpin around in the Kitchen. Dont dance with machinery pal. I spent part of my 20’s putting sewer lines in and most of that time was spent dodging the bucket.

My motto is - “No matter how friendly they look, never shake hands with a table saw”. An actual quote of mine while holding a rag around my thumb when my son asked what happened.

I got a decent list on the ta-do side of things. Pool to close, back porch to sand & skim, door trim to put up, water change on the tanks, and a muffler to change on a kids car. If all goes as planned I also have a plan for installing the weir in the salt tank. Gotta fabricate it first though and that plan isn’t completed.

Have a great day all.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
I thought it was Hack bumpin around in the Kitchen.
Nah his lazy butt played hide the eye balls till after 6a ;)

Good morning Guys, and thanks for getting the Table ready for the troops.....HAPPY SATURDAY, and a beautiful looking one at that.

You 2 just have way too much on a 'day off' plate......I'm ready to go back to bed after reading all that. My mind though is also filled with such clutter, but sure very little of it will make it down the chute. And with only 2 cups of coffee in me so far, haven't got a clue which, where, when, anything will happen.
THOUGH there's a distinct probability there'll be breakfast on the grill, and dinning next to the Humming birds since I've already been asked twice since I've been up, 'When's breakfast?'.

My motto is - “No matter how friendly they look, never shake hands with a table saw”. An actual quote of mine while holding a rag around my thumb when my son asked what happened.
Is that an old epiphany ("WOW....I spelled THAT right, and can't spell cantelope close enough to make spell check work? Who's to figure.") or something you have just learned? THANKS for the early morning cringe Pal.

More coffee required,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Already done with Home Depot and washing the car.

The cost of pegboard was jaw dropping along with construction screws. Got spacer 1x2’s. I like my wrenches standard and metric in a row hanging on the wall. The rest can be organized in the tool chest.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
OK......got the 3rd cup of joe going to work in the brain cavity, so PLANS are allowed to now begin pleading their cases.

Within the hour there'll be Sausage n egg bowls with Apple wood smoked bacon as a hitch hiker to fill the plates going on the grill.....THAT'S now a given. OJ and tomato juice as well as more coffee of course. Got stereo now asking WHEN.

It's now 56F with being told 80 for a high under sunshine for the day, and pretty much a repeat for tomorrow. So 'out there' seems to be a prerequisite for a successful PLAN to happen.

Betcha that'll be Cath dragging Her chair across the floor to the TRT Breakfast Table.......better go check,

Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
:unsure:......MAN, was I wrong. You're in good company Rick.

Slow down Perry.....pace yourself. YES.....in the shop I like to have my wrenches hanging in order since that's where a good part of my 'home work/repairs originate. Sockets on rails, and screw drivers in slots.
At work, most in the marine field use canvas bags to transport their tools of the trade......and then only necessities. What is worth the huff down say a 1/2 mile dock, and jumping between boats with. So 'organization' falls apart, and hunt n peck becomes the norm. And on a less than 'rare occasion' a bag tends to go that way, as you go another, and a mess ensues. And remembering to replace said canvas bag every couple years HELPS.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Good mawnin’, Perry, Rick, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, Perry! Pack if you are grilling breakfast, I’m going to give you some slices of under ripe peaches to grill. They are a pm exceptional treat when you grill them. Let’s have some biscuits cooked in a cast-iron pan with an amount for a long top. They will cook just fine on the grill.

Perry, I’m glad you’re feeling better today. Thanks for explaining more about the accident, and that the guy driving the tow motor was a decent guy.

Rick, ouch! That’s a and an unfortunate learning experience with you versus the table saw! Hope you’re very long list of projects goes well today. Sounds like he will be neck and neck with Jeff.

Hack - Thanks so much for getting us started with a grilled breakfast. I’m surprised you have time to do that before you go to work. Hope your day at work is not dangerous.

my lower back is giving me a fit today. It started yesterday and gradually I could feel the whole width of my lower back begin to hurt. I’m hoping that environment hot hot shower will help.

On with the day!

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
OOooowwwwww Cath.......hope you find the right combination to ease the pain Cath....THAT makes for an uncomfortable day.

NOPE, the Hack is off today, so kiss that nickel good by. ;) Thus the relaxing....better get my butt out there start. Never heard of grilled peaches, now Ya got my curiosity peeked.

Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cath hope you feel better. Do they have a hot tub at your complex?

Reactions: cath

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Morning all,

Ouch Cath, hope your back gets to feeing better ASAP, and you will find out Perry, that getting old(er) is not kind to recuperating abilities.

Sis is looking at Subaru Outbacks ( between Blyth having one/three, her middle son driving one as a loaner while his WRX is in the shop I’m seeing a pattern or a commercial in the making , haha) and gonna ride shotgun this morning for a trip up into Illinois where she found a few she likes.

Have a interested party in the Marineland MARS aquarium retail systems, and from his FB profile it looks like he breeds FW angelfish . He’s just under 2 hrs south of me , and will check the stuff out tomorrow 🤞🏻.

On to the day,

Hope everyone has a great one👍🏼

·
Retired Wanderer
17,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeff Subies were everywhere in Colorado, and the fan following is huge.

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Good morning everyone,
Woke up late today and just starting to drink my 1st cup of coffee.
Cat I hope the pain goes away real quick, that’s kind of like my ribs sound like left side but has me thinking it’s on my right side too sometimes.
The other day when I was at the doctor my speech therapist and the power went out on the house and I missed it, and the generator kicked in Kristine called me to let me know. Jacob and Gabi’s Power went out but it also blew out their water heater. Now they need to install a new one, Not worth putting in the claim on insurance because of the deductible.
Yesterday I get a water change on my Reeftank. I love the way the tank looks after the water change and cleaning up everything around the tank.
Have a great Saturday everybody and don’t overwork.

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Love a relaxing breakfast out in the fresh air.....

Food Outdoor grill rack & topper Plant Cooking Cuisine

Bacon, eggs, sausage and kielbasa and giggles.

PLANS are starting to come together.....NOT! Sounds like relaxation at all costs is popping up as the majority vote.
A simple majority will win if that's the case.
Hack

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
:eek: :oops:.......WOW......
Good morning Vinnie......THAT SUCKS!

YES.....like a fresh hair cut, a water change helps the whole 'out look' on life.
Did you ever get any bites for your sea horses yet because of shipping costs?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
28,492 Posts
Hi, everyone! Thanks so much for your comments about my aching back. Perry, we do have heated spa here, but I don’t go into the pool or the spa because of my right foot and ankle. I can’t bear weight on it without a brace that can’t get wet. Luckily a hot shower helped.

Vinnie, that’s awful about you son and daughter-in-law‘s water heater going out. That’s expensive! And you’re right, no point in turning that into insurance.

Jeff, can’t blame your nephew for wanting a Subie. They are good cars even if you don’t need four-wheel-drive. I’d one in a minute if I were in the market for a new car.

now to tempt you guys with grilled peaches. Here’s a photo of somebody’s creation. It looks like it’s right down your alley.

Food Tableware Dishware Ingredient Recipe

·
Administrator
19,919 Posts
Water Atmosphere Sky Light Wood

Worth the peaceful walk in the mornings.....

Water Sky Cloud Natural landscape Atmospheric phenomenon

.....Good morning Girls.

A few pictures from yesterday I forgot to share.

That plethora of PLANS seems to be getting whittled down to thinner than a tooth pick......back out here in the yard with our feet up. I think we'all know in the back of our minds THIS will start getting skimpy with the season change coming down the road, and taking full advantage of it.
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,517 Posts
Hack, I found a few other online shipping services that are cheaper. Around 50 dollars a box . 15x11x9 at ten pounds. I’m gonna try and ship some out this week and then I have some going locally.

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Jeff Subies were everywhere in Colorado, and the fan following is huge.
Yup Perry,,, and had 3 of em in the driveway here over the years ( think the one had 300K+ miles w/ no issues)
And now can add Sis as a new ( to her ) Subie Outback owner club👍🏼 She just bought a ‘21 white metallic one,, could find nothing wrong with it ( plus it was a corporate car)
Awaiting them to get it a cleaned up 🙄( or whatever) and let her drive it away 👍🏼.
After that I just have to deal with the crud traffic in Chicago area ,,, could be Hotlanta,,,if that is a comfort.

Hope everyone is having a great one👍🏼

·
Super Moderator
22,753 Posts
Reactions: cath
1 - 20 of 26 Posts