The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
28,255 Posts
For all the fish to die that fast and all at the same time. I’m thinking it some kind of toxins got into the tank, did corals die also. Did someone use any household cleaners, like febreze or something else.
Lack of oxygen. It hard to say for sure. Did corals survive?

·
Super Moderator
28,255 Posts
Without knowing all the perimeters. It’s hard to say, I know lack of oxygen can kill. I would reach out to your maintenance guy and ask them to check tank . I think they would be concerned with a tank they maintain and want to know also.
I did tank maintenance for a number of years and know I would.

·
Super Moderator
28,255 Posts
Yeah that’s the best thing to do. You never know , they may have has a an issue with water or something else that may have or not another client.

·
Super Moderator
28,255 Posts
I’ve been following but been busy today. All good advice. Get more surface agitation. Keep temperature lower . As temperatures get higher , oxygen levels drop. But on a normal tank we normally don’t see that happening. I’ve had tank get up to mid 80’s and it didn’t cause any fish losses. But if you are having issues with low oxygen then it could be an issue.
As far as skimmers you can find some decent hang in back from reef octopus and aquaMaxx.

·
Super Moderator
28,255 Posts
Yes you adjust the cup higher for less and lower for more. New skimmer tend to need time to so call break in. The residue from the acrylic will cause them to act up. After a few days or sometimes longer they will settle down and you can adjust it to get a good skim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts