The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........and We're up n about. Top of the morning Everyone and HAPPY FRIDAY!
2nd cup of joe assisting in getting in gear, and plenty more where that came from.

Looks like the heat wave has broke, and 70's and 80's will prevail for a bit......fair chance of rain this morning followed by not a high chance of rain latter.

Gotta keep moving, so tootles,
Hack

·
Retired Wanderer
17,290 Posts
Thankfully we are a little cooler as well. Slow start today so redoing a big test setup in the Electrical shop.

·
Super Moderator
22,169 Posts
Morning Hack and Perry, and those that will be checking in today,,,

Still holding on to the hot n humid today, weather said to break and behave in the next few days,,,

Finally ,the funeral director has Blyth, D certs to be picked up so I can start that avenue of tending to all that stuff.

President and our local rep for the Doxie rescue group invited me out for lunch today,,, will be nice to go out and “person” ,,,,

Still picking and choosing the efforts around here , a lil bit of yard/house stuff, pointing myself to something in the house of Blyth’s and /or my items and do what needs doing.

On to the day
Coffee and Life cereal to offer up this morning ,,,

Hope everyone has a great day!

·
Super Moderator
27,215 Posts
Good morning mid-mawnin’, Hack, Perry, Jeff, and. All of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee, guys, and Life cereal, Jeff. I have nanners on the table to go with your cereal for a snack.

Hack - I bet you are back to work by now. Or hope to be soon. Have a safe drive home today and no sleeping at the wheel!
Looking forward to hearing about you handing off Jen and Nate at Phil IA in the wee hours.

Perry - A bit slower at work is a nice change of pace for you.

Jeff - That’s great for you to have human time with the president and local rep of your doxie rescue that you and Blyth have worked unselfishly for so long! Where are you going out for lunch today?

My hand is feeling much better today, but still swollen. DHEC said I must quarantine Sophie for 10 days. I know she is a mild-mannered girl that never goes outside, but DHEC doesn’t. They are doing their job.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,018 Posts
Late Good Morning, needed a recharge. Rain off and on, maybe 60 for a high.
Hope you find your way back Hack. Bummer on the reaction to Sophie bite Cath, cat bites can be problematic, I have had a few over the years and they were always nasty compared to dog bites.
Jeff how many fosters in the pack at this time?
Perry nice break from the hoomidity.
Gonna go tackle the bathroom fan swap since it is cooler. I may have to wear a warm shirt up there ;)

·
Super Moderator
27,215 Posts
Good afternoon, Doug. That’s a delicious feeling to sleep in to rejuvenate.Dont work tooooo hard in that cold air up there. 😏
Thanks for your input on cat bites. Sophie has nipped at me before without much reaction. The NP said she would be at t he urgent care Saturday and Sunday if I needed attention again.

·
Administrator
47,018 Posts
Sadly cat bites tend to infect easily and with needle like teeth they get deep enough that getting a good flush is hard. I tend to encourage the bleed then flush with peroxide. Getting a triple antibiotic in far is a challenge. Perhaps an epsom salt soak with hot solution is you can( like on a hand)
Raining pretty good at the moment. Part of this swap involves climbing up long ladder , removing 4" vent and opening the hole to 6" with a jigsaw. Wet ladder and power tools, what could go wrong;) Supposedly rain lets up around 2pm my time so that would be strike time

·
Super Moderator
27,215 Posts
Yes I tried to encourage bleeding right away and as I washed it. Before I went to urgent care it became a pretty angry wound for such a tiny bite.
A library boss of mine had a gosh-awful cat bite when she was at Animal Allies or some such. Luckily a vet that was there knew what to do for a severe cat bite. I can’t remember if she was hospitalized. She wore a sling for quite some time. It was really bad.

Do I have to send Jeff out there to be your spotter while you’re up on that ladder?😋

·
Super Moderator
27,215 Posts
Maybe Hack is zonked out, or having dinner with the Sams...

·
Administrator
47,018 Posts
Still raining, so no ladder yet, trying to get most of the inside stuff done. I love it when the hardware packed with product doesn't work. 30 mile trip to buy screws that are $.30 each :( old fan is out, now I have to position new one and cut proper sized opening, than secure it. Then I can run the vent out

·
Administrator
47,018 Posts
Fan is in and running, need to patch the ceiling and redo the ducting. Rain is supposed to end late night so that will be a good chance to redo the vent.
Heating up leftovers and chilling with tv, been a long tiring day

1 - 11 of 11 Posts