The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
tf2psycho said:
just put in a powerhead pointed at top of water and its making the light in the tank strobe is this good for a reef or will the corals freakout and die???
I doubt that they will freak out and die. I don't think that you want to disturb the water on the surface so much that it will splash alot though. That can just make a huge salty mess.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
not a problem. think about the amount of waves in the ocean and the sunlight hitting them. as long as the water stays in the tank nothing to worry about. besides a lot of people really like the light waves dancing along the tank.

G~

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
something else to think about. Next time you throw a party, just crank up the lights and you have an instant disco party. Just add music, and maybe some beer. Well ok, alot of beer.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i will get some newer pictures soon ..my camera batts are missing...thanks for helping out...corals looking happy but still have high chemicals and nitrates...im going to add kent nitrate sponge soon in my skimmer.....beer sounds gooooooooooooood to me ill be over in a sec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts