The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't know if I was to post this here and then it would get moved to the Recipie thread, or if I was to post there.

Does anyone have a great Strawberry Shortcake recipie? I remember long ago someone who made some. It wasn't the store bought stuff. This was an actual yellow type cake with the strawberry and sauce on top. The cake did a great job of soaking in the strawberry juice (at least it soaked half way in).

Has anyone ever made Strawberry Shortcake like this before? If so, care to share the recipie?

Jeremy

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The other cake recipie I am searching for is wedding cake recipies. When ever I have gone to a wedding, the wedding cake rocks! It is a very dense compact flavor filled cake. Betty Crocker cake mixes, etc. just can't cut it. Does anyone have the recipie for a wedding cake type cake?

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
you can buy strawberry shortcake cups at kroger and probably other stores. small yellow cups that hold the strawberrys and soak the juice just right.

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
and it is HERE, in m'ville where the universe collapsed on itself.

why?

Cause the thread at the top is about tatoo's. And the thread RIGHT under that is about strawberry shortcake recipies!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Jeremy1973 said:
The other cake recipie I am searching for is wedding cake recipies. When ever I have gone to a wedding, the wedding cake rocks! It is a very dense compact flavor filled cake. Betty Crocker cake mixes, etc. just can't cut it. Does anyone have the recipie for a wedding cake type cake?
Wedding cakes are more pound cake recipies then lite cake recipies... try the pound cake section... look for sour cream pound cakes ... I think thats what your looking for.

·
Super Moderator
26,848 Posts
skeety said:
and it is HERE, in m'ville where the universe collapsed on itself.

why?

Cause the thread at the top is about tatoo's. And the thread RIGHT under that is about strawberry shortcake recipies!
hehehe! interesting cause and effect, Mike :)

Yeh, Jeremy...I think a pound cake would be good. Or sponge cake, maybe.

Leveldrummer...Jeremy likes to bake from scratch. I've had some of his fudge :drool:

·
Super Moderator
22,088 Posts
cath said:
...Jeremy likes to bake from scratch. I've had some of his fudge :drool:

Sniff,,,, at least you did,,,,,:bawling: Don't he know it's proper to treat everyone in the class? SHAME!:angry: :rotflmao: :drool: :drool:

(I'll be watching my mailbox,,,,;) )

·
Super Moderator
26,848 Posts
OK, Jeff...I'll send you some of my favorite PB cookies :D

(sorry to hijack your thread, Jeremy)

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
skeety said:
We're a diverse group.:)

I've had strawberry shortcake made from biscuit halves. It was pretty darn good.:drool:

Speaking of biscuits any of you Atlanta folks, especially if you live near Kennesaw, should definately try out Stilesboro Biscuits.;)

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Anybody send out anything sweet better send me some or I could get mad!:thumbup:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah..didn't want the store bought stuff.. the cake part isn't as good as what I had long ago.

Pound cake..hmm... ok..I can look in to that. I have been tempted to apply at a cake place that specializes in baking wedding cakes just so I could learn the recipie. :)

And you would think, that in my 2 (6' tall) bookcases full of cookbooks, I would find the recipie I am looking for. lol

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
If you decide to try the pound cake, substitute up to half of the butter with crisco. Makes the pound cake lighter... :) But don't go over half, it will cause problems after that. Give me a day or so and I'll see what I can put out for a pound cake recipe. Since we moved, most of my stuff is still in boxes.

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Cyber. I am excited to see what you come up with. My mouth is already starting to water as I think about what cakes lie ahead of me..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts