The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are tiny star shaped, white organisms all over my glass. They are maybe a millimeter wide. they don't move but they just appeared over night. there is a small ball of mass in the center and thin, outstretched "arms".

I read a post a while ago that was similar, but i can't find it in the archives or remember if they are bad. Is my beloved tank DOOMED??!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my camera can't focus in so small. i wish it could. I don't know if they have anything to do with the hundreds of tiny coepods skidaddling around the glass.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know there is a somewhat recent post on it, but i can't find it. there was a picture and they are the same as mine. ill keep searching, and keep you posted.

·
Registered
7,938 Posts
The reading in the link suggests that they are not evil. The best guess is that they eat small copepods and particulate material in the water. :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't know if all fish eat them, but I have to assume that at least one of the fish in my display tank does, because I've never seen them in the display, but they are everywhere in my fuge. I second the hydroid jellyfish; that's what I got when I looked for an ID many months back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts