The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, through your well-intentioned evil I have become more hooked every day. I have been migrating my FOWLR tank to growing coraline and eventually corals. However, I have a chocolate chip star in there.

Silly me, I thought I would just take him back to the LFS. Turns out that I am not allowed to. I was informed that we had to keep him, apparently she likes him. So, it sounds like I am going to have to build another tank for the star. Darn, an excuse for another tank.

I can't see building it for just the star, so I am looking for something fun to do with it. I was thinking maybe a dwarf lion in there. I wasn't sure if the lion and the star would get along though. Also, how much room would this need (10,15,20)? I don't have a lot of money right now, since I am saving for a wedding, so I am trying to keep it small. Any thoughts out there in reef land? I hope you all enjoyed my story. Back to real work for a while.

·
Administrator
48,763 Posts
Dwarf lions max at around 6" If you get one around half grow it should be fine in say a 20 long or a 29. There should be no problem between the star and a small lion :) actually this will be a neat species tank, don't forget some rock work for it to lurk in

·
Banggai Mommy
2,395 Posts
*Quick word of advice from a reefer wife*

If she wants to keep the star, let her keep the star. Just get another tank. Milk it, and be glad she's getting interested in the hobby. It will save you from the proverbial "ask forgiveness rather than permission" trap. Most of the time.

I love the dwarf lion idea... So much, that I've got a spare 20 sitting around... Hm...

Danielle

·
Registered
119 Posts
I know exactly how you feel I have a Chocolate Chip Star and my wife loves him. He kewl though and covers ALOT of ground. He will just lay around on the LR and sunbathe and then all of a sudden get a bug up his *$$ and be at one end of the tank then 5 min later be at the other end (its a 75gal tank)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.