The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I officially started my 110 gal. tank Aug 2012 and began adding fish in Nov once my tank had cycled. I added 2 true perculas early Nov and 2 weeks later 2 firefish and 1 carpenter wrasse. I think my tank will be well rounded with the following fish:

-Flame Angel
-Coral Beauty Angel
-Purple Dottyback
-Purple Tang
-Regal Tang
-Tomini Tang or Whitetail Bristtletooth
- And in a few months when I have a sustained pod population a green mandarin or 2

Wanted to get everyones opinion. Of course the angels will be added together and the tangs will be added together to try and prevent them being territorial.

·
Mermaid in disguise
2,475 Posts
I'd worry about the tangs fighting in the long run. It might work out for a little while, but in most cases one just gets sick of the other(s) and kills them off or harasses them pretty badly.
The angels, in my opinion, wouldn't have much of a problem with each other as long as there was enough rock for them to stake out their territories since they stay relatively small.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Littlefish-
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about limiting my tang population to just 2, but now I need to decide between which 2.

PS. I like your quote about revenge being ice cream.:banana:

·
Mermaid in disguise
2,475 Posts
Littlefish-
Thanks for the info. I've been thinking about limiting my tang population to just 2, but now I need to decide between which 2.

PS. I like your quote about revenge being ice cream.:banana:
LOL thanks :p

I think you'd be alright with two :) It's always best to choose tangs from different "families" to reduce aggression as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts