The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am currently cycling my 125 FOWLR. I have 100lbs of mixed live rock currently in the tank. My hopes for the tank are:

Australian Harlequin Tusk
Purple Tang
Blue Face Angel
Red Tail Trigger
Flame Angel

With the above being said, what would be the correct order to introduce the fish?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
They are all pretty aggressive I would say flame first harlequin tang angel then trigger I also would not suggest waiting too long between additions just too insure they arent too territorial yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your response. About two months ago, my tank cycled. Here is order to which I chose. I purchased the tusk first (4"). About two weeks later, I purchased a juvi Blue Face Angel (3") and a Male Blue Throat Trigger (4.5"). A week after that I included a Lemon Peel angel (2") and Purple Tang (3.5"). Last week I picked up a pretty cool looking juvi dragon wrasse (2"). It is prodominately pink/red with hints of brown. It looks really cool, and I have never before seen one that color. So it was a must buy. My next two purchases (probably will be my last) are going to be a juvi french angel and a powder blue tang. I will probably buy them both at the same time. I am a little worried about the french and the blue face, but I think there is enough tank space and live rock for them both. I guess we can just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Two angels and two tangs in that size tank is asking for aggression problems imo. I have a 110 and would never put a large angel in that tank alone and have only ever had one tang at a time my powder brown died today at the mouth of my tusk and my tusk seems out of sorts heres hoping he is ok. Seems to have scratched his eye possibly on lr feeding metro to be sure he makes it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would agree that when these angels become mature, there could be aggression problems. I hope by the time they get larger, I will purchasing a bigger tank .... potentially 300 gallons, that's the plan at least.

As for your tusk and your powder brown, sorry to hear about the loss. Hopefully your tusk can pull through. Not like he is an easy catch, but do you have a QT tank or something, where he can heal?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I do have a qt but he is too big for it now. He has started eating again regularly so the m metro should clear him up.

Just a imo fyi dont buy fish with the intent to upgrade it hardly ever happens at least in time you can always buy the other fish once you have the bigger tank and then it's not a mad rush or worse fish start dying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.