The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 10gal that suffered from a total eradication of my fish:( i have a few coral, an emerald crab, blue knuckle hermit crap and bumblebee snails. It seems like most of my coral could be happier and i want to prepare my tank to put a new fish, what procedures should i take and what are some things that i should be adding to the saltwater mix when i make it?????

·
Registered
952 Posts
should be using ro/di water for mixing salt water . nothing eles required . A tank that small water changes easily will provide evrything you need. What fish did you have and what you want to put in now? What your water parms?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a bicolor blenny, blue green damsel and a domino but it was probably overloaded, so i'm not sure what i want to have in there now but for sure just one nice fish. Last time i checked Ph 8.4 Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 nitrate 40-80 SG 1.025 temp 78

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A firefish would be a good choice. They dont need a big tank, a coral friendly, have striking colours, are small, and are always visible.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, i'll definitely keep the firefish in mind:p I have a few soft, mushroom, two feather dusters, this one that i never caught the name of and hasn't come out in the two months i've had it..but it's alive0.o and then a capnella which hasn't done so well which i think is strange. I have the standard filter with sponge, carbon and biomax plus a long airstone, the lights are also standard flourescent that came with the tank.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts