The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'll be starting my new 120 in about 1 month. I have a ton of unwanted majano anemones as well as some macroalgae in my 75. I obviously want to use the rock, but I don't want ANY of these $%%$#@ Majanos to get moved. They are horrible. I have some nice rock with shrooms, polyps, etc. How can I get rid of the undesireables?

Injecting with kalk would be tough...there are hundreds....I was thinking about keeping the rock in a dark rubbermaid tub....since the majanos and macro both like light....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pat

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
not really sure there is a whole lot you can do without just killing the LR. you can try the dark tank thing, but it has to be for a really long time to kill the macroalgae and its spores. the mojano i have no idea.

G~

·
Registered
799 Posts
Well, Kalk did work for me, though that sounds like a total pain.

What I did for some of the `in hole' ones was to epoxy over the hole. Just sealed them in, haven't seen them since ... though it sounds like you'd have to coat your whole rock in epoxy ...

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.