The Reef Tank banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need a piece of 1" thick. Where is the cheapest/best place to find it???

Tjhe cheapest i have found for a piece that thick the size i need is about $65 + shipping. Any better prices known i would GREATLY appreciate......

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ever seen my rock lifts?? Im going to use the starboard for my supports......going to round the edges off to make detritus troughs around the sides 90 BB with 4500 gph of flow, and simply cut my 3/4" holes almost through the bottom of the starboard to hold the acrylic rods. Invisilift BB style. :)
thnaks for the link King.......ill see what they can do for me

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, well i found some 3/4" that i think will suffice but i am required to buy a 48 x 96" piece of it for $300 + god know how much shipping, a hundred and then some im sure. I need to find 5 other people who want the sweetest BB rock lift on the planet and go in on it with me.............

It aint rocket science and ill be more than happy to do yours for you for a straight time/material cost or simply tell you how to do it yourself............

I make the ones to go into tanks with sand and sell them but not sure i want to bite off that much material without having them sold to begin with. Anyone interested...let me know. Here what my lifts look like for DSB tanks. There is a acrylic grid support under the sand but it would be too visible on a BB tank and defeat part of the purpose......the starboard would work great in place of the acrycli grid.........

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Agreed. I like that a lot.

·
11,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Viv said:
Holy %^&$, you got a octupus on the back of your tank! What is that?
That is the plumbing for the CLS using a Oceans motions 8-way. They are IMO opinion the best way to achieve random flow throuoghout the tank without having anything but nozzles in the tank.

heres another i just did on a 225. And a video if you want to see the flow. I dropped the water level and aimed all jets front and center for the video purposes......usually there arent any bubbles and ive got a couple fo jets aimed to the side.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts