The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my nice rock of star polyps about 2/3 way up under MH lighting and pc's the first day and they opened really nice. Now they don't open and I am assuming a shock from high lighting(my fault). I have moved them down to the bottom of the tank standing up with one end touching the sand! Current is low to medium. Any other suggestions? I know these are suppose to be hardy and occassionally blow stuff off them!:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just put a colony into my 55 and put them almost at the bottom. I run PC's and 1 NO 10K and within a few hours the whole colony was open and looking great. 3 days later they look even better than they did at the LFS, where they were under halides. Maybe try to get them into a shady area near the bottom out of the direct line of fire from your lights.
Good luck and HtH

·
Super Moderator
22,416 Posts
Johnny . don't sweat it much,,i went from 4-40w normal flo's,to 2 -400w 10k's and 4 55w actinic pc's in one day,,,ramped the light time a bit(week or so, ) and my colony of green stars , size of a salt bucket lid,,did fine, give em time to adjust,,,mebbe cut back the lights a lil for a while,,,they'll be ok IMO
mine never had a "bad" day ,during the upgrade,and they are about 2-3 inches from the surface,,,
ahem,,,,nice avatar,,,, ;)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
lol one of you has to bail on that avatar!! most times i dont look at names, i look at the avatar, and i know whose posting.

not only did you both change in the same week, but you went to the same one!!! for a second i thought this was a one way converstation!!! thought maybe johnny was losin his mind :funny:

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Ok... one of you pick the clown, the other the Hippo and I'll make you guys some custom ones.... :)

Jay, we'll make you the shark...

·
Super Moderator
22,416 Posts
ahh well, i think i had it first, but i'll change it back,,,;)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok buzz I went to the clown so customize all ya want!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts