The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
mt brother just came back from iraq a month ago
but i salute everyone who has served, is serving and will be serving, they all have my blessings

·
SoCal Reefer
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you know alot of people don't recognize the fact that alot of people didn't just sacrifice their time, they sacrified their time with family, their bodies and for a few their lives. I too have served in Operation Enduring Freedom, and then again in Operation Iraqi Freedom so once again thank you from the Villa family.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
US Army

Feb 1985 to Sept 1993

Thanks

Jeff

Many thanks to those who are now serving of have served

·
Registered
418 Posts
U.S. Air Force!!!

Still servin, and still deployed, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom going on 6 months now. Glad that there are those out there appreciating what we are trying to do.

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
Semper Fi brother!!!!

Cpl. of Marines
Fmr. President and Current Director, Marine Embassy Guard Association

4 years, 3 months Active
3 years, 9 months reserve

3 years 7 months Overseas
2 years 8 Months Foreigh Service, MSG/Dept. of State

Veteran of Foreign Wars Qualification:
MSG, Karachi, Pakistan 95-96

"For those who have fought for it, freedon has a taste the protected will never know"

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
big t said:
U.S. Air Force!!!

Still servin, and still deployed, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom going on 6 months now. Glad that there are those out there appreciating what we are trying to do.
You'd be suprised at how many of us there are.... ;) There's American flags all over the place.... on houses, on stores, on car windows...

Old vets are taking on the pride and sporting their wares and representing their pride in serving...

I've been off active duty now for 5 years and I've had more people see my foil sticker or front license plate and give me the thumbs up and hollar out Semper Fi Marine, than I have ever had...

Rest assured... We are with you in spirit and we are awaiting all of out troops safe return....

We who have served, enjoy the rivalry between the forces in peacetime... it serves to motivate trough competition.... but in time of combat, we are all one.... Made up of stars and stripes in the colors of red white and blue.... We're the United States Military.... Second to none... Stand tall, be brave, and charge on for your country is behind you...

Semper Fidelis!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
United States Army----1966 to 1969

Fort Dix, New Jersey-----Basic Training

Fort Meade, Maryland------ Army Administration School--Disguished Graduate, Clerk Typist for HQ Co. 1st Army

Germany----- Administrative Assistant---Commissary Store
Clerk Typist--------HQ Co., 3rd Infantry Division

Honorable Discharge

Thank you for recongnizing us, and to all those who have served and still serving, I salute you!

Attachments

·
One Happy Member
874 Posts
Thank all of you very much. People like you are what it took to make this country and people like you are what it takes to keep it this way. Without you we would not exist.

Homer

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
I'm proud to say that both of my parents served in the Army Air Corps. Mom was a 1st Lt, and Dad a Sgt. :funny: Stilll...they snuck around and got hitched while in the service, then they shipped them apart :( Luckily, they found their way back together.

To the rest of your that posted and will post, my heart goes out to each of you.

G

·
i want to say that to dad,johhny, buzz, stang, big telgor, i thank you guys so much for your service, and i send a special prayer to you guys
we may never have met, but your a apart of my family
thank you guys sooooooo much

·
Registered
105 Posts
U.S Navy Corpsman

Definatly one of the toughest jobs on the battlefield. The call for my services for this war hasn't come yet, but WHEN it does, I'll be ready. I served with 3rd Battalion, 4th Marines from Dec '96 to Nov. '99 as a platoon Corpsman. Best time of my life. Semper Fi to all the Marines out there. Be safe.
Thanks for this thread.

Matt.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
USAF Nov. 1966- Feb. 1971

My appreciation to all that have served and sacrificed. Without them, we would not be a country!

This is the Veteran's Memorial that I, along with several others raised money for and commissioned a local artist, himself a Vietnam Vet, to sculpt and place on the Sevier County Courthouse lawn after Operation Desert Storm.

Dick:)

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
Very Nice, I was born into Army, both parents were in in 51.
June -sept 69 was my shot at formal service. Medical discharge.
Later wound up in strange places with strange people. God I love SEALs and Marine Recon Hooya/Semper Fi

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
not sure how in the heck i missed this thread!!

US Army - 75 Ranger Regiment.

kuwait/iraq for Desert Shield/Desert Storm. Mogodishu, Somalia for Task Force Ranger (ie: movie Black Hawk Down)

grandfather served in USN was in pearl harbor stationed on the arizona, during the bombing (he survived) Father was Marine Force Recon in vietnam, I was Army Ranger ....god i hope my daughter doesnt join the Air Force :funny:

had plans of being a lifer, but a bullet through the left arm while fast roping from a blackhawk in somalia changed that for me.

left as an E-5, finished my final year in school, and trained one class of trainees as a Drill Sergeant, then came home.

I have the utmost respect for ALL my fellow soldiers in any branch, (contrary to my traditional rib poking)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.